Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Bip to Mono? (/showthread.php?t=1699)

KeefyB 14-Jul-2003 17:40

Bip to Mono?

Has anyone looked into a Monoposto conversion for their Bip yet?
Ive seen the Casoli conversion,but I dont like the look of it.It looks too long and does'nt seem to fit very well in their pic.
I wondered if it was possible to use oem Ducati parts a'la 748/996 etc?

webbyc 14-Jul-2003 20:55

Keefyboy you've only just bought it and you're trying to change - you were just so taken with the looks of my mono weren't you?

Have you tried Mike - Ripsnortingvtwin - he will be able to help you. He made my front mudguard which is an excellent job. He's always up for a challenge and ask anyone about the quality of his work. And he's cheaper as well.

iang 14-Jul-2003 22:11

Hi Keith,
A guy up north did the conversion and he told me that all he had to buy was a single seat alloy subframe (shorter) and a new single seat unit and it swapped straight over except for having to remove the seat release cable etc. I think the seat pad was the same but i dread to think how much it was to convert (any bent ones yet ?)
Thanks for the avatar advice (it worked) but don,t know if it is too long ?

KeefyB 14-Jul-2003 22:19

Cheers for that.
I had a sneeky suspicion that a new subframe was needed.I looked at the parts catalogues on Ducati.com and the mono and bip frames are slightly differant.I might wait till Casoli make an improved version or someone makes a cover for the pillion seat.
Great avatar Ian.A bit long tho,would look good as a signature,running along the bottom of a post.

iang 14-Jul-2003 22:33

Casolis products are normally pretty good,but i agree with you that the seat unit is too long and doesn,t look right
(my opinion only everyone).
You should price the bits up for a laugh and let us know.

iang 14-Jul-2003 22:36

Sorry for the large image but i have not sussed out how to get the graphic as my signature yet?? any advice

[Edited on 14-7-2003 by iang]

KeefyB 14-Jul-2003 22:47

I'm going up to Italia Moto next week.(Multistrada 1st service)
I'll get the prices for a laugh.:o

Shazaam! 15-Jul-2003 00:32

Biposto to Mono Conversion (Website)

Triple9 15-Jul-2003 07:36

Bip to Mono

Price for conversion using Ducati parts, £1000.00 approx !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cannot believe it costs this amount to get rid of a seat.
I have ordered the carbon seat cover from the catalogue, around £300 to £400

:o

Triple Nine 18-Jul-2003 23:18

Tecmoto have told me that they will be doing a replacement for the seat pad, sometime. Will have a chat with them at their DSC day next Saturday if I can make it there.