Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Who's best to run DD - the DSC! (/showthread.php?t=36711)

Rattler 24-Sep-2006 21:08

Who's best to run DD - the DSC!

Now that I'm no longer on the Race Committee for the series, I can offer my opinion on here.

I resigned from the rider's rep role because I felt that personal agendas were directly driving the actions of those in positions of responsibility and I felt that these positions were being abused for personal gain.

It now seems that recent developments from outside of the RC are also being driven by personal agendas and politics.

I believe that for the greater good of the DD series, we should be managed by the DSC or their representatives, as long as these individuals do not demonstrate personal agendas.

I fear that any attempt to run the series by another party if handled incorrectly (which I believe the recent ones have) can only lead to disharmony and can potentially split the riders and ruin the series.

If personal agendas are not at play, then why can't these outsiders lobby the committee to demand that the changes in the way the series is run are delivered through the existing RC committee?

Or better still, ensure that the RC is made up of individuals who are nominated and voted in by the DD riders. The present RC can put themselves forward for election should they wish along with those that feel they can run it better.

Why wouldn't they - running the DD is what they want isn't it? Unless its just a ruse to attack certain individuals whilst hiding behind a supposed committee takeover play.

I worry that personal agendas may split the series and potentially end it if they are allowed to prosper. I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim

antonye 24-Sep-2006 21:12

You're right Tim. The ways and means are there to replace the RC should those rules be followed, and this underhand method of trying to drum up support and raise a lynch mob is just pathetic.

Chris Wood 24-Sep-2006 21:15

Ditto Tim.

FFS

domski 24-Sep-2006 21:21

You're da man Tim. I agree 100%.

Feel the DD love.

Scooter916 24-Sep-2006 21:51

Agreed, Tim well said

stumpy1 25-Sep-2006 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
You're right Tim. The ways and means are there to replace the RC should those rules be followed, and this underhand method of trying to drum up support and raise a lynch mob is just pathetic.

well said!!!

phoenix n max 25-Sep-2006 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rattler

I worry that personal agendas may split the series and potentially end it if they are allowed to prosper.

I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim

What i've been saying for a couple of months now.

And if we'd had greater transparency and commitment to the 'series' all along then none of this would have happened!

Chaz 25-Sep-2006 09:06

Quote:

Now that I'm no longer on the Race Committee for the series, I can offer my opinion on here.

I resigned from the rider's rep role because I felt that personal agendas were directly driving the actions of those in positions of responsibility and I felt that these positions were being abused for personal gain.

It now seems that recent developments from outside of the RC are also being driven by personal agendas and politics.

I believe that for the greater good of the DD series, we should be managed by the DSC or their representatives, as long as these individuals do not demonstrate personal agendas.

I fear that any attempt to run the series by another party if handled incorrectly (which I believe the recent ones have) can only lead to disharmony and can potentially split the riders and ruin the series.

If personal agendas are not at play, then why can't these outsiders lobby the committee to demand that the changes in the way the series is run are delivered through the existing RC committee?

Or better still, ensure that the RC is made up of individuals who are nominated and voted in by the DD riders. The present RC can put themselves forward for election should they wish along with those that feel they can run it better.

Why wouldn't they - running the DD is what they want isn't it? Unless its just a ruse to attack certain individuals whilst hiding behind a supposed committee takeover play.

I worry that personal agendas may split the series and potentially end it if they are allowed to prosper. I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim

I agree 100% the DSC should run DD but I think they should let New Era control it All the DD need is a riders rep to liaison with New Era we don't need the RC.

skidlids 25-Sep-2006 09:25

Nicely put Tim

Quote:

I'd like to see greater transparency in the activities of the RC and suggest again as above that its members are all voted in by the DD riders (and perhaps the DSC members).

Tim

I think the DSC members should have a say, turn the clock back two years, at that time there wasn't any DD riders only members of the DSC and its management team and from this the DD race series was born. Initial support came from DSC members signing up for the series late in 2004 which gave enough entrants for the organisers to approach various race bodies to enable the DD series to run.
The first ever DD race in 2005 put 30 bikes out on the grid at Cadwell, by the start of 2006 this figure had grown 47 bikes taking to the grid at Cadwell in March. Where to in 2007 ??

domski 25-Sep-2006 10:21

I would like DD to stay with the DSC in 2007 as well, but I have a problem with allowing the whole membership to vote on something that only affects about 35 of us.

DD may be a DSC event, but without the people who actually get out there and race, there is no series. Therefore I think it is only reasonable/sensible to allow those directly involved to decide their destiny, rather than the whole membership who won't be affected one way or another.

I doubt if many non-DD racers could care less about who runs it anyway.

I also think it would be too open to abuse or peer pressure if you allowed the whole membership to vote. At the risk of sounding controversial, I think there are lots of club members that would back MT members purely because they don't want to upset them.

Lastly, the RC members from 2005 and 2006 have proven that they are not the right people to run DD in 2007.