Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Alarms and Related Security (/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   alarms and insurance (/showthread.php?t=32446)

Glyn 21-Jun-2006 18:58

alarms and insurance

how much discount do you get on a policy for having an alarm on your bike
any one know:confused:

wogger 21-Jun-2006 19:35

Don't get conned by that one...........Bennetts said I should fit one of THEIR approved alarms to the numptystrada, cost about 300 squid, and when they worked it out it would have saved me about a tenner, shop around, one of the best at the moment seems to be online at Ebike.

Jools 21-Jun-2006 20:18

Don't know how much discount but be careful when you compare quotes. I tried eBike and they came in about £30 cheaper than my renewal quote from Ducati Insurance - but when you take in the fact that with eBike the compulsory excess was well over double the DI deal then I would instantly be out of pocket by several hundred quid if I make a claim. Got protected no claims with DI as well.

jeff st4s 21-Jun-2006 22:24

An alarm may cost £300 and you will save 10% ie £30 if your lucky off your premium. That's how much Ducati Insurance knocked off my premium.

bradders 21-Jun-2006 22:26

more a questin of who will insure and at what cost if yiou dont have one fitted..depending on where you live of course. Altho I'd say not fitted on an ST is more insurable than a 999

MJS 22-Jun-2006 07:19

Glyn mate - don't forget they are a complete pain in the arse, especially the immobiliser part of them :( Personally I'm much happier with a big chain and ground anchor

jeff st4s 22-Jun-2006 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
more a questin of who will insure and at what cost if yiou dont have one fitted..depending on where you live of course. Altho I'd say not fitted on an ST is more insurable than a 999

One hopes your making a factual statement rather than mud slinging, I would hate to have to suggest pistols at dawn you cad

bradders 22-Jun-2006 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeff st4s
One hopes your making a factual statement rather than mud slinging, I would hate to have to suggest pistols at dawn you cad

?????

neither....but I'll have the 9mm and you can have the flintlock!!

and I dont own a 999...who would ?!

ducatisps 22-Jun-2006 12:01

The discount is usually around 7.5% - this can vary in terms of how the rate is calculated within the whole calculation. Access Underwriting policies offer up to 25% for security including discounts for anchors chains and garage alarms/garage defenders

jeff st4s 22-Jun-2006 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
?????

neither....but I'll have the 9mm and you can have the flintlock!!

and I dont own a 999...who would ?!

???????
I knew where you were coming from, but in return I was joking.

A flintlock with wet powder I take it!
I don't like the styling of 999's
I have an ST because it can take a topbox for my son to lean against, but even that has the lights styled by a blind man.
If they can replace the 999 with something like the Moto GP styled bike I'd buy one for me (sorry oliver).