Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Birthday Present, (/showthread.php?t=78696)

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:43

Birthday Present,

5 Attachment(s)
Well its not actually my birthday till later in the month but yesterday I was allowed to open my present :)

Arrived at my dealers at 09.00 and the box was waiting outside for me, it did not take me long to get the transport crate off and the bike revealed in all its glory.

Then came the work as we wheeled her into the work shop and placed her on a lift next to my 1098R a ducati workshop smock was provided (which I was allowed to keep at the end of the day) as I started to strip down the Bayliss one of the mechanics (Niko) was busy removing all the parts from the 1098R that I was planning to swap over, working on my new bike was a pleasure hard to describe as I have only ever picked up bikes that had already had their PDI so for me it was something special to know that I was doing the work on the bike myself (with a bit of help from the mechanic) its amazing how time flies and it was soon 18.00 everything had been done with just the final part of the PDI to be completed, unfortunately the indicators from my 1098R were flashing too fast, so we needed to get the exhaust off again to place a ballast block to resolve the issue, as it was time for the workshop guys to go home we decided to leave it until the morning to finish off.

Once the shop was locked up myself, wife the dealer, workshop Forman and Niko the mechanic took time to reflect on my new bike over a few beers, that done it was a quick change of clothes and a fantastic meal at a local restaurant organized by my dealer (Claus) with his wife (Connie) and the workshop Forman (Ralf) 01.30 AM saw us saying good night and heading home. All in all a fantastic day and one that will not be forgotten in a hurry, just need to wait now for the weather to improve and take her for her first run out of the year.

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:44

5 Attachment(s)
More :)

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:46

5 Attachment(s)
A few more :)

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 19:47

2 Attachment(s)
Last ones

Jasper 04-Mar-2009 19:56

Absolutely stunning!! Very Jealous.

ENGAKATS 04-Mar-2009 19:59

for sure a fine birthday present!! :D:D

enjoy it!

skidlids 04-Mar-2009 20:03

Someone said you had bought an old crate,
maybe they should have mentioned it contained something to make many a person jealous

antonye 04-Mar-2009 20:09

Very, very nice Paul, you're a lucky man :D

Bionicle 04-Mar-2009 20:26

Thanks Guys, Just need good weather for cadwell in June now :)

Chef 04-Mar-2009 21:26

Very very nice............

Looks a lot nicer in your photo's than the promotional stuff...