Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Alarms and Related Security (/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Datatool 3 Strangeness (/showthread.php?t=16395)

ils 14-Apr-2005 20:47

Datatool 3 Strangeness

Sometimes when I engage the alarm it beeps as normal, then about 30 secs later makes other weird beeps - some long & some short..This lasts on & off for about a minute, then stops. It has started to happen quite regularly.
Does anyone else get this, or know what it means?
-illya.

nelly 14-Apr-2005 23:50

Could be the internal battery on it's way out? There could also be possibly a problem with the actual power feed to alarm, either the live or the earth?
Check the fuse is not blown? Other than that either get in to your nearest fitter or give Datatool a call. Their tech. support is usually pretty good.

NBs996 15-Apr-2005 00:00

Sounds like the pre-activation warning. Could be something wrong with the motion sensor but that's only me speculating!

Nelly's right, Datatool's tech support is pretty good, the number's on their web site.

ils 16-Apr-2005 09:43

Thanks for the advice guys - I don't think the problem could be with the internal battery as the unit is not even a year old yet. The noises are different to the pre-activation tones, they sound sort of 'drunk' and sluggish, like something's malfunctioning.
I'll check the fuses when I get a day off, and if they're ok I'll contact datatool..
Cheers, Illya.