Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Carole Nash - Rider Policy (/showthread.php?t=7796)

Henners 28-May-2004 11:48

Carole Nash - Rider Policy

Just had my renewal quote for the 998 and it seemed reasonable at £259 fully comp. Called CN as I've a classic policy with them for the Yamaha RD400E and asked how much to add the Duke until renewal next January. The lady says £63. Sold!

Two things - if you have a classic bike policy consider doing the same and you can leave out the ageist remarks R-L :P

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Henners]

Dave G 28-May-2004 12:00

Good for you Henners,but I thought insurance companies worked out the premium based on the most expensive bike?,other wise we could all insure that scabby 1981 honda c60 and then add 998r's for 10p extra.:saint:

Henners 28-May-2004 12:09

Not sure - I thought it was based on risk. Anyway, she took all the details including value, garage, security etc. so I'm hoping she got it right. Will let you know if I find out otherwise.

UPDATE

Just 'phoned CN to check. Apparently they have two insurers who underwrite modern bikes added to a classic bike policy - the policy is then converted to a Rider policy. One will allow modifications such as Termis, the other won't. Went through the requoting process to find out that the cost is now £289 not £63. Renewed with Ducati Insurance instead as its £30 cheaper.

If I'd been willing to put the standard cans back on then I could have added the 998 for the £63. Sorry, not worth it :)

[Edited on 28-5-2004 by Henners]