Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Thanks RAC....... (/showthread.php?t=80365)

Iconic944ss 17-Aug-2009 20:41

Thanks RAC.......

What ever happened to customer relations these days?

14 years I've had RAC recovery/breakdown; only used it twice and then only for minor let downs really.

Renewal for this year was higher than last with yet another year passed without me making a claim. So, I phoned to ask if anything could be done, they offered an extra months coverage for free.

My partner has just taken out insurance cover with the AA and got a good deal and asked if anyone else in the house could use their services. Since two drivers in the same household were taking out an initial deal I got a 50% (yes, FIFTY) reduction on the Person based - at home and roadside recovery service = £51.50

Phoned RAC back to see if they could come anywhere near and they didnt even try - their previous offer was the best; thanks for all the fish but close the door on your way out type response. I was quite surprised by it.

Loyalty obviously means very little these days so I'll take my loyalty elsewhere.

<End of Rant ;)>

twpd 17-Aug-2009 23:52

Same here this year with RAC too.

Ray 18-Aug-2009 10:53

Gone are the days when the AA and RAC were motoring organisations who represented the road user on many issues and roadside AA patrols used to tip you the wink if the bobbies were up ahead.

Times change.

Ray.

NBs996 18-Aug-2009 12:13

I get 'free' recovery thrown in with my van insurance, until this year when my premium went up AND breakdown was no longer included. On questioning the pricing structure I was told the breakdown company had hoiked up their prices and it'd now cost me another £70.

Company providing the breakdown part of the policy... RAC.

Paul James 21-Aug-2009 08:08

Not much account taken of customer loyalty these days Frank, companies seem to prefer to chuck the deals at new customers. Makes some sense but if you have somebody with a long term account track record wouldn't it be a good bet to keep them sweet as you don't know how long the newbies will be hanging around?

Every year I go through the motions of beating up my phone provider and insurance companies, never accepting the renewal prices and in every case get a far better deal than offered at face value. It shouldn't really be like that but it is so we have to live with it and learn how to make the most of the situation IMHO.

I've been using the AA for quite a while now (no not the one for my drink problem HIC).

Paul