Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Went for a ride today (Sat) (/showthread.php?t=80557)

skidlids 06-Sep-2009 01:31

Went for a ride today (Sat)

Got up to a nice sunny morning so I decided to get the 998R out and go for a ride.
Two options either pop up to Coventry and see the guys at JHP or pop down and locate Goodwood in readiness for the Mini-Giro in a couple of weeks time.

Goodwood won the toss and I took a fairly gentle blat southwards, down to the M4 via Pangbourne, filled up at the services on the Swallofield bypass, down to Hook up past RAF Odiham and down into Alton. From there it was head for Petersfied then through Midhurst and finally arrive at Goodwood just after noon.
Then I retraced my tracks up towards Petersfield and struck out down the A272 to Loomies for a bite to eat. Before heading up to Winchester over to Andover folowed by Newbury and finally back across country to H-Cafe, where I found Fatbloke (Terry) with his Turbo Multi talking to someone with a Streetfighter.
During the miles covered I past many a Ducati heading in the opposite direction, 749/999s, Monster 696, STs etc. Look=s like quite a few were making the best of the weather
So lets hope for more of the same tomorrow for the Oxon Berks monthly meet

Ghost 06-Sep-2009 18:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Got up to a nice sunny morning so I decided to get the 998R out and go for a ride.
Two options either pop up to Coventry and see the guys at JHP or pop down and locate Goodwood in readiness for the Mini-Giro in a couple of weeks time.

Goodwood won the toss and I took a fairly gentle blat southwards, down to the M4 via Pangbourne, filled up at the services on the Swallofield bypass, down to Hook up past RAF Odiham and down into Alton. From there it was head for Petersfied then through Midhurst and finally arrive at Goodwood just after noon.
Then I retraced my tracks up towards Petersfield and struck out down the A272 to Loomies for a bite to eat. Before heading up to Winchester over to Andover folowed by Newbury and finally back across country to H-Cafe, where I found Fatbloke (Terry) with his Turbo Multi talking to someone with a Streetfighter.
During the miles covered I past many a Ducati heading in the opposite direction, 749/999s, Monster 696, STs etc. Look=s like quite a few were making the best of the weather
So lets hope for more of the same tomorrow for the Oxon Berks monthly meet

You should have carried on down to Pembrey Skids, a lot of folk were doing a Phil Bevan track day, me included. :D

skidlids 06-Sep-2009 21:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
You should have carried on down to Pembrey Skids, a lot of folk were doing a Phil Bevan track day, me included. :D

I'll expect to see you and the other DDers that were there to be taking Honda Curve flat out on the DD bikes then.

It was a bit far out of the way yesterday but I'm booked in for the afternoon on Friday 25th to see if I can rember which way the circuit goes

bradders 06-Sep-2009 21:15

er...my neck of the woods and no call?! I was out yesterday too, Lommies and Alton for a new bolt.

Ghost 06-Sep-2009 22:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
I'll expect to see you and the other DDers that were there to be taking Honda Curve flat out on the DD bikes then.

It was a bit far out of the way yesterday but I'm booked in for the afternoon on Friday 25th to see if I can rember which way the circuit goes

I have a conflict of dates so can't make Pembrey, was doing Honda in 5th, but lacking the bottle to hold it on the stop, I'm sure it is doable tho'. :eek:

skidlids 07-Sep-2009 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
er...my neck of the woods and no call?! I was out yesterday too, Lommies and Alton for a new bolt.

Did you stop at Loomies as I thought I spotted you ride by, but if it was you weren't in your usual leathers.
As I was out trying to work out possible roads for the Mini Giro I had no idea what times I would be places, never having been to Goodwood before I wasn't sure when I would arrive there
Can't say I was impressed by the roads down that way, not the sort I would choose for a rideout, far to crowded.