Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Carbon fender (/showthread.php?t=5497)

Otto Otto Otto 25-Feb-2004 09:46

Carbon fender

I also have a carbon (harris) fender currently on my bike which was a replacement for the original scratched OE fender on my SP5. Whilst looking ok on my bike, the mounting points on the SP5 fork legs are about 5-10mm higher than on stradas and so I would like to get a new OE fender, so that it fits tighter to the wheel, as this fender is ideally for a strada/DS (silver fork legs).
If I can get an OE fender, the Harris one will be available. Any interest?

paynep 25-Feb-2004 12:31

Depending on the price I could be, as I have had a pushing-bike-around-with-disc-lock-on-vs-carbon-fender episode!!

I can't seem to pick up U2Us so drop me a mail at paul.payne2@ntlworld.com

cheers
Paul

Nattyboy 25-Feb-2004 19:41

I can vouch for the harris one..very glossy !!!

The guy I bought this one had the same problem as he bought this to fit an SP4.

Thought the 5 had the same (showa) fork legs as the strada though??)

Nat

Otto Otto Otto 26-Feb-2004 09:11

Paul
I'll get back to you early next week, as I'm away for a few days. I must inform you that this is based on me having a OE replacement in my hand before you get it as otherwise the bike is without one!
Nat
Legs are different. I had a strada at the same time as the SP5 and the legs (and forks are different though both Showa) easy reference is that SP legs are bronze in colour - but believe me the differences exist or I wouldnt be after a new fender!!!

Justin

Otto Otto Otto 02-Mar-2004 16:16

Paul

Just waiting on confirmation from JHP that OE is available and not a back order then we can talk about a price. BTW - what sort of price are you getting on Pirelli Diablos - saw you were using them on a different thread.

Justin

paynep 03-Mar-2004 14:08

Cheers for update.

I think I meant Dragons even if I typed Diablos....sorry!!

Paul