Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue - General Questions and Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   New regs - Tank (/showthread.php?t=276261)

Jonzi 31-Dec-2013 17:07

New regs - Tank

Merry New year!

So having a quick look about I see that Kevin has said that the tank now has to be held down with something a bit stronger than the existing strap thing.

Any ideas (photo's would be good!) on how to do this on a 600 SS?

Cheers

Ghost 31-Dec-2013 17:33

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonzi
Merry New year!

So having a quick look about I see that Kevin has said that the tank now has to be held down with something a bit stronger than the existing strap thing.

Any ideas (photo's would be good!) on how to do this on a 600 SS?

Cheers

I came up with this idea for another bike, this was first draft and needed altering. The frame part needed shortening to clear top triple clamp. But you can see the idea and it works. :D

Jonzi 31-Dec-2013 17:36

Cheers Phil

For some reason I thought that I would have to weld something to tank and bike.

Is that steel or aluminium?

Ghost 31-Dec-2013 18:23

Quote:

Cheers Phil

I think its some stainless that I had kicking around Dan, but aluminium would suffice too. Also if the two parts do not meet then a suitable spacer in between should be used so that there is something positive to clamp down to.

Trumpet 03-Jan-2014 09:22

Quote:

Cheers Phil

Hi Dan, if you still have the ss I made mine up by using the frame mounted retaining clip. I just strightened out the loop and welded a peice about 15mm wide by 1mm thick to the strightened out end. I drilled two holes to corrisopnd to tank and used a peice rubber (from exhaust can bracket loop) to protect the tank. You will have to grind out between the two mounting bolts to get clearence for the head bearing, but will make sense when you look. Mark

badgerpilot 03-Jan-2014 14:35

Quote:

Cheers Phil

Have a look at my post in the Desmo Due Paddock group on Facebook and see what I've done, mine's a Monster but something similar may be done on an SS.

mat2hew 07-Jan-2014 18:24

I can't be arsed to anything..... I might have to call my mate Neal and see if he can do it for me...... ?