Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   TA4 camping (/showthread.php?t=13279)

yeti 17-Jan-2005 10:45

TA4 camping

As I understand it, Cadwell, like all of Palmers circuits, will NOT be available for camping this year.

I am fairly fortunate in not having to travel too far, but it's gonna be a haul for some of you guys coming from the south if you can't stay there the night before.

When this happened before at Snetterton, I was told by the circuit managment that for a small consideration (£125), thye would put on a security guard and that we could camp.

Would it be worth the managment team looking into this and seeing how the land lies?

Quite apart from the convenience, it most definately added to previous Cadwell TA's.

Monty 17-Jan-2005 13:36

Ill get right on it mate-no point in having a motorhome if I can't stay in it at the track.

John

Scottch 18-Jan-2005 15:33

Monty,

Please let us know what the script is old fella! :P

We're in the same boat as you.

Cheers!

Scott

Rattler 18-Jan-2005 16:31

Does this mean that you can't stay at Cadwell overnight at all?
What about the first DD event? Do I have to travel up on the Saturday, then off somewhere else for the night then back again on Sunday???

Seems crazy!!

Maybe its a way of supporting the local B&Bs?????

WeeJohnyB 18-Jan-2005 18:43

Tim - only applies to trackdays - there is always camping the night before a race meeting - if there wasn't, it would be a shambles the morning of the race. Depending on the circuit and the type of meeting, you have to get there early to grab a decent space otherwise you'll be 3 miles from the action. First there spreads out the contents of the van to keep space for the others, especially for plugging into electric. Same applies to the night before the circuit organised practice days prior to race day. Even if you're out the back of your car with a trailer, there's still plenty to do and people like to get there early to get settled and prepared. Some of the teams have mega trucks and awnings with several bikes to set up - its like a mini WSB paddock, a small town that goes from meeting to meeting - great community - one of the best parts of racing.

WeeJohnyB

rockhopper 18-Jan-2005 21:58

The tale i heard about camping at Cadwell was that some of the locals had complained about the noise!!

kwikbitch 18-Jan-2005 22:00

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

But....But...but...(slaps hand repeatedly on the desk!)
IT'S A RACE CIRCUIT!!!!!!!

rockhopper 18-Jan-2005 22:02

Maybe it was your snoring that did it?

I meant it was the noise of people partying into the night especially during the week. I can imagine that would get a bit irritating after a while.

Dukerob 18-Jan-2005 22:11

stroll on you'd need the adhesive boys there to party that loud !! :burn:

pedro 18-Jan-2005 22:12

theirs one of them at donington too!,maybe they are related? ( the complaining type that is about noise)

[Edited on 18-1-2005 by pedro]