Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   JR - an update (/showthread.php?t=22857)

yeti 12-Oct-2005 22:23

JR - an update

Haven't spoken to the man himself yet, but have had several conversations with his wife Shelley.

As I write, John is still in hospital in Dartford. His injuries are as described, but one of the fractures is to a lower vertibra, and it's a bad compression fracture and will require surgery.

Initially the thought was to move him to Kings hosipital in London, but having seen the scans, Nottingham Queens are happy to take him there as it's closer to his family.

John is currently lying strapped to a board with little movement allowed, and I know he will be climbing the walls with boredom.

Every day there is hope that he will be moved up to Queens, but as yet we still wait. I hope to get down to see him on Friday, and will pass on the good wishes of the club as I know he is highly respected not only by Ducatisti, but by all motorcyclists.

Will post more as and when I know.

Henners 12-Oct-2005 22:29

Thanks Yeti - I am sure that all DSC members are very fond of JR. Give him our best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Twinfan 12-Oct-2005 23:59

Yep, pass on our best wishes. It'll be good to see him back on his feet again soon :)

NBs996 13-Oct-2005 00:03

Yep, pass on well wishes... and big respect to the bloke for doing what he's done so well for so long.

GsxrAge 13-Oct-2005 00:11

yep get well soon JR you will be missed in BSB !!!!!

desmojen 13-Oct-2005 10:18

Ditto all that, the blokes a hero :)

(He needs to stop flying helicopters though, they are dangerous!)

yeti 13-Oct-2005 10:58

Quote:

Originally posted by desmojen
(He needs to stop flying helicopters though, they are dangerous!)

He has! He now spends most of his time flying with ME! Even more dangerous than helicopters! :lol:

Steve M 13-Oct-2005 11:26

As above, best wishes to John.

Looking forward to seeing him do some laps of honour next year.

nelly 13-Oct-2005 11:31

Pass on my regards John would ya please :)

Stu748R 13-Oct-2005 11:38

ditto here too,dont get your QFE confused with your QNH.