Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   Lower front right fairing (/showthread.php?t=89851)

TheDrunkenBakers 26-Mar-2012 13:56

Lower front right fairing

Hi all, I am on the lookout for a front, right, lower fairing. The existing one has quite a large scratch - its in quite an obscure pleace so doesnt ruin the look of the bike really but I would like to get it replaced.

Am i right in saying that the 848 and 1198 would fit to without having to make additional holes etc?

Now, having looked at eBay, I have found some but how do I tell if they are official Dacati parts? Alternatively, does anyone here know of a good breakers who might have some of the parts to flog? I have also considered getting the panel repainted too so what are the costs for this, do you think?

I have asked at the place where I bought the bike and they are quoting me about £200 including VAT which seems a bit excessive.

cheers

Richard

bradders 26-Mar-2012 14:08

is it the bellypan part? If so why not chnage for a carbon one - good reason to spend money ;)

TheDrunkenBakers 26-Mar-2012 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
is it the bellypan part? If so why not chnage for a carbon one - good reason to spend money ;)

Bradders, yes, it is the bellypan.

I have considered carbon ones although i suspect that these are quite expensive, arent they?

I would probably need to have the original parts for when I sell it anyway, wouldnt I?

bradders 26-Mar-2012 18:36

not much more than painting or getting a replacemnet probably, and keep the old one anyway and store it. If its just a scratch, not sure it would put anyone off that you then put a carbbon one on...tbh I wouldnt even expect someone to have kept the old one

TheDrunkenBakers 27-Mar-2012 20:19

Ive just noticed that theere is a big crack in the lower radiator cover too. Should i be taking this back to the dealer? What about the 'sold as seen' argument? It is a main dealer, Sycamore, in Rutland so should they be selling expensive bikes with major defaults where used or otherwise.

i feel i bit peeved really.

bradders 27-Mar-2012 20:29

You can try it, but unless it was picked up Pre delivery it's likely they'll say you did it.

Spjallen 31-Mar-2012 15:50

Could you buy a race belly pan? Might be cheaper. Or if the mark isn't that deep could you put a sticker on it?