Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Action camera (/showthread.php?t=190685)

banger san 23-Mar-2013 21:13

Action camera

I want to buy an action camera to use on the race bike, was looking at gopro but worried by reports of lack of customer service. Can anybody recommend a small camera that is relatively easy to use, reasonable quality (when played on a laptop), easy to mount and not to expensive.

bradders 23-Mar-2013 21:22

Drift, ghost, craig and I have used and decent quality with remote to turn on/off. Just dont use at Angelsey, the ****ers nick em in scrutineering shed!

I have replaced with ine off ebay, works fine but mic not as great...but at £35 delivered a bargain ;-)

bradders 23-Mar-2013 21:24

Like this... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Helmet-Cam...item5aec0f49a1

Ghost 23-Mar-2013 22:38

One on the Bay at present the same as Paul Craig and me use.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drift-X170...item3a7f87efa7

Its new and £26 at present. Not supported now as the company do an HD range but its good enough.

You have to jump through a few hoops securely fitted, permission from clerk of course and installed at scrute and signed by scrute then return form to C of C.

Look on Youtube for Ghostie749 and you will see the quality of it.

banger san 24-Mar-2013 07:49

Cheers guys, was going into a head spin looking at the different options. Do you think it's worth paying the extra money to get a later HD version?

Andy

Iconic944ss 24-Mar-2013 08:08

I noticed in Custom Lids (Newcastle upon tyne) that they actually hire out GoPro cameras to try.

banger san 24-Mar-2013 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic944ss
I noticed in Custom Lids (Newcastle upon tyne) that they actually hire out GoPro cameras to try.

Bit too far away :(

bradders 24-Mar-2013 10:00

Imho yes, if you are going to use a lot ie every round. I got my cheapy as a 'see whats its like' excercise as I am not racing. If I was, and also if I was using it lots on road rides, Euro tours, off roading, I'd go HD as the quality is so much better

Bear in mind Drift is Customisable, in that if its a cloudy or shitty day adjust the exposure and it comes out much better, otherwise its a little dark. Learned too late for my vids

banger san 24-Mar-2013 17:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders

Bear in mind Drift is Customisable, in that if its a cloudy or shitty day adjust the exposure and it comes out much better, otherwise its a little dark. Learned too late for my vids

Bit of a technophobe so I like plug and play goodies, anything technical I leave to the science officer, aka catering manager, logistics coordinator and personnal assitant (Karen). :lol:

Ghost 24-Mar-2013 17:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by banger san
Bit of a technophobe so I like plug and play goodies, anything technical I leave to the science officer, aka catering manager, logistics coordinator and personnal assitant (Karen). :lol:

Did you look at the last Cadwell round on Youtube Andy??