Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Open clutch covers - warranty question (/showthread.php?t=33123)

LeeeeeeL 06-Jul-2006 10:15

Open clutch covers - warranty question

Have contacted Mark over at Giamoto as impressed with both the quality and price of his parts. Before I go ahead and think abouyt ordering a cover and pressure plate will the fitting of this affect the warranty on my 8 month old 749. Not sure where I stand on such things

iang 06-Jul-2006 10:28

Should not imagine that it would make any difference as you are not changing anything that would affect any claim if the need arises.

I think virtually everyone does this mod and I have never heard of any problems, if your dealer had anything to say you are at the wrong dealer.

I have ordered parts from Mark at Gia Moto and they are excellent quality and he is very helpful.

Jools 06-Jul-2006 10:32

Might do if you wanted rusty springs replaced under warranty otherwise I wouldn't think it would make a difference. Anyway, if you're really concerned about it how long does it take to fit the originals back on before it goes to a dealer for a service?

Thinking a bit further about it, I believe there is a catch all statement in the DP catalogues about all DP accessories needing to be fitted by an approved Ducati service agent, but I think that is down to warranty on the DP part itself rather than the whole bike

900MAN 06-Jul-2006 12:05

How much is Gia charging for the plate & cover?
Plus, what other bits do you need/suggest to complete the 'look'
Ta

LeeeeeeL 06-Jul-2006 12:24

Mark has quoted me 110 pounds for the plate and cover (open or semi/open), I believe that stainless steel springs/bolts are useful as well. Any suggestions all ?

iang 06-Jul-2006 12:29

Just got some stainless springs with bolts from spareshack, cost £14 delivered next day. They are listed on ebay but you can ring them up and order without having to wait for the auction to end.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DUCATI-STAINLE... QcmdZViewItem

LeeeeeeL 06-Jul-2006 12:34

Thanks Iang will contact them later today

Have seen the post on fitting just hope it is as easy as it sounds, thanks for all advice etc.....

iang 06-Jul-2006 12:52

Leeeeeel, It will take you no more than 20 minutes, just make sure that you do not cross the threads on the clutch posts, its easy done and do not use thread lock on the bolts or you will round the heads off when you try to get them out, the spring tension will keep them in.

When you fit the gia moto clutch cover the logo or centre strip points towards the curve in the fairing and does not go straight as you would think, you will see what I mean when you fit it. You will also have to take the rubber gasket off or the cover will hit the fairing.

LeeeeeeL 06-Jul-2006 12:55

Love this site top tips all round. Did you torque the clutch post spring bolts or just tighten them ?

ath748 06-Jul-2006 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeeeeeL
Love this site top tips all round. Did you torque the clutch post spring bolts or just tighten them ?

I didn't use a torque wrench on mine. Did them up hand tight (which is fairly tight), tightened them up after a week or two, now I keep an eye on them when I clean the bike. Just to be safe.