Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Ducati Insurance - Questions and Answers! (/forumdisplay.php?f=80)
-   -   Personal cover, a question? For if the worst happens... (/showthread.php?t=11825)

Iconic944ss 18-Nov-2004 14:13

Personal cover, a question? For if the worst happens...

A very relavant post by guest1 (re: Biker Down RIP) set me thinking....

If the worst came to the worst and I was killed either on track or riding on the road, would my family be financially protected???

Having a young daughter now I think I need to look bit more into this, I have my own life cover but I serious doubt if it includes "dangerous activites" such as motorcycling and certainly not Trackdays.

I must admit to be being a little worried !

Frank

Eamonn 18-Nov-2004 14:15

Highly likely your life cover would be OK for road riding, but they might considered Track Days as a 'Dangerous Activity' and as such wouldn't pay out - however much you tried to convince them it's less dangerous than the roads

MJS 18-Nov-2004 14:18

I specifically mentioned riding bikes a few years back when I took out a policy and was told not to worry that it wouldn't invalidate the policy. Have to admit though, I haven't checked out the trackday side of it.

Lily 18-Nov-2004 14:44

This may sound a bit odd, but I am not too fussed onthe financial side if I die as I knwo there is more than enough in my estate to sort everything out and make a few people better off.

What I do have is a critical illness and accident policy. This basically means that if I am crippled etc that there is money there to pay for a decent nursing provision so no one has to feel guilty about not wanting to look after me. I would never want someone to have to worry about my care if I became incapacitated.

It might sound a bit pessimistic, but I fully accept the dangers in my life and want to protect those close to me from having to deal with the fallout of my adrenalin habit.

madmav 18-Nov-2004 14:49

just to let you know, a friend of mine has recently been told by his company!

that last year there were no fewer than 11 employees who were off work through motorcycle related injuries!

and he has been told that his company will not be renewing his contract of employment if he continues with Motor cross !~:)

Iconic944ss 18-Nov-2004 14:57

does not quite sound legal somehow ???

madmav 18-Nov-2004 15:02

iconic , not sure but i do know they are giving him some grief over it!!!!! ...mav

FiscusFish 18-Nov-2004 15:33

How big is the company?

ils 22-Nov-2004 08:33

Quote:

Originally posted by FiscusFish
How big is the company?
Eleven employees..:D

Iconic944ss 27-Oct-2008 20:24

This cropped up again recently when discussing winter riding....

Comments please ?