Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Alarms and Related Security (/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   datatool 3 (/showthread.php?t=15573)

bradders 24-Mar-2005 00:11

datatool 3

anyone know how I can remove the battery for charging without setting off the alarm??? Looked at instructions and it talks about charging on the bike - no good for me as I dont have power! Any ideas?

Glyn 24-Mar-2005 00:37

not a lot of help i know but you have to put it in service mode.
im quite drunk right know so i aint going out to the garadge to look at alarm manual.
butb i'll check it tomorow and post

HW 24-Mar-2005 01:14

Disarm as if you're going to start the bike. Turn on the ignition and then press the arm button on the fob and hold it until it beeps at you. You can then turn the ignition off and disconnect the battery. You will hear a beep every 15 seconds or so for the first day (ish) even after you take the battery out.

To put back to normal after putting battery in, just treat it like normal disarming/starting.

Henry

stuart hill 24-Mar-2005 14:45

Yeah, service mode is the answer.
The user guide is on datatool's website:
http://www.datatool.co.uk/documents/...er%20Guide.pdf

bradders 24-Mar-2005 15:10

cheers guys, but want to do it without the beeping, bike in the garage on an alley and dont really want to advertise the fact its there! Got a solution of using the monnie battery while on charge, so looks like I'll have to do that.

HW 24-Mar-2005 17:12

Sure - as far as I know the only thing you can do is replace the battery with another while you do this. The beeping does stop, after a while. I had my battery off for a few days recently and it was not beeping the following day.

ils 14-Apr-2005 20:28

I had the same problem - the beeping through putting it in service mode was bloody annoying, so now I just put an old battery in place which keeps the alarm happy (and quiet).