Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Ducati 749/999 Parts (/showthread.php?t=33025)

iang 03-Jul-2006 18:45

Ducati 749/999 Parts

Cat Free Link Pipe for old shape swinging arm models, not deep sump. semi polished. £60 delivered.

Wave 03-Jul-2006 21:54

I have a Termi Assy system which means i must have the Cat still intact.
My question is do i have to adjust the ECU if i fit the cat free link pipe and does it makes it sound any louder.
whats the Benifits ?

andyb 03-Jul-2006 21:58

If you have the std assymetric exhaust, there are two cats.......one in the front pipe for the front cyl, and the second in the can for the rear cyl.

KeefyB 04-Jul-2006 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wave
I have a Termi Assy system which means i must have the Cat still intact.
My question is do i have to adjust the ECU if i fit the cat free link pipe and does it makes it sound any louder.
whats the Benifits ?

You had better show us a pic of the bike mate.As far as I know,all Termi assymetric systems are cat free.You should already have the cat free link pipe.Have a look at the pipe under the crankcase,....is there a bulge in the pipe?If not,then you have a cat free pipe.
The only way to make the bike louder is fit a differant can.The Termi cans are rated at 102db,...it does'nt matter whether its an assymetric or a full 57mm,...still rated at 102bd.Summat like a Racefit can or a LeoVince would make it louder.Little or no performance gain tho.
The ECU is not adjustable.

bike mad 05-Jul-2006 18:48

1 Attachment(s)
if you fitted the front pipe you should be cat free as one cats in the front pipe and the other is in the box,
as for the noise the more miles you do the louder it gets, it fills up the gaps in the wadding with carbon so the gas has less room to expand and more noise gets out.