Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   plugging (/showthread.php?t=13270)

custard 17-Jan-2005 01:07

plugging

went out this weekend for a blast round, only to ride past a bad accident. There was quite a bit of glass around so took it steady and rode past (the police were already there) I then felt the bike start to weave. Yes, I had a lump of glass in my back tyre.

The tyre was a Brand new (20 miles) Diablo corsa, the glass was right in the centre of the tyre, can I get it repaired? or do I need to buy another new tyre? If it can be repaired how safe would it be?

Cheers

Rich

timetrial 31-Jan-2005 23:24

Back when I had an SS I punctured the rear after only 70 miles of owning the bike. I decided that a new tyre was in order. The rubber is the only thing connecting you and the road and you don't want to be worrying about a plug when you're at speed.
Others may disagree but I'd go for fresh rubber.

Glyn 03-Feb-2005 21:10

my point of veiw is that if done properly it is less likely to fail than the chance of getting a punture in the first place
if you do go for the new option i'll give you a few squid for the puntured one(170 or 180)

Loz 03-Feb-2005 21:29

Plugging works for me - every single rear tyre I have owned in the last three years, on both bikes, has been plugged, cos down here in West Sussex, it doesn't rain raindrops, it rains screws and nails :flame:

GsxrAge 04-Feb-2005 01:26

A puncture caused by a screw or nail can be pluged as long as the hole is under a certain size and can only be repaired in certain areas.

Glass cut ! forget it, some one might repair it but not sure i would have it repaired.

So get your money out and buy a new one :cool:

Shazaam! 04-Feb-2005 03:59

http://ducatisportingclub.com/xmb/vi...11021#pid91213