Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Tyres (/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Metzeler k1/k2 or Pirelli sc1/sc2 slicks Whats the difference? (/showthread.php?t=174718)

dunlop0_1 09-Jan-2013 19:56

Metzeler k1/k2 or Pirelli sc1/sc2 slicks Whats the difference?

Someone enlighten me please.

Are they not both made by the same company? Ergo the same tyre :confused:

hawkati 10-Jan-2013 12:12

i've honestly no idea regarding slicks, but having used both these tyres in treaded from there's a subtle difference in the way they feel. The Metzlers seem marginally more pliable and forgiving on rough surfaces and when they let go there's a little bit more shimmy & warning. The Pirellis feel slightly harsher & seem better suited to smoother surfaces.
Both are tragically vile in the cold & wet though! These days i use Dunlop D211's which seem to grip damn well regardless of road surface and can cope with adverse weather conditions better.

But that's all about treaded tyres - no idea about slicks -terribly sorry!

dunlop0_1 10-Jan-2013 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by hawkati
i've honestly no idea regarding slicks, but having used both these tyres in treaded from there's a subtle difference in the way they feel. The Metzlers seem marginally more pliable and forgiving on rough surfaces and when they let go there's a little bit more shimmy & warning. The Pirellis feel slightly harsher & seem better suited to smoother surfaces.
Both are tragically vile in the cold & wet though! These days i use Dunlop D211's which seem to grip damn well regardless of road surface and can cope with adverse weather conditions better.

But that's all about treaded tyres - no idea about slicks -terribly sorry!

Thanks for that. All info helps. :)