Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Panigale: V4 / V2 / 1299 / 1199 / 959 / 899 (/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Heavy clutch (/showthread.php?t=481843)

Pimpf 14-Mar-2017 17:46

Heavy clutch

Has anyone modded their clutch to make it lighter to use, I find mine really heavy especially in traffic or when start/stopping. Ride for Life is coming up and last year it knacked my wrist/forearm, I was wondering if anyone had replaced the slave cylinder with the Oberon unit on an 899 and whether this had helped. I've also seen some chatter of air bleed into the system. I've not bled mine so I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. Any comments other than "more self pleasure with the left hand" would be greatfully received

PeteB 14-Mar-2017 19:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pimpf
Has anyone modded their clutch to make it lighter to use, I find mine really heavy especially in traffic or when start/stopping. Ride for Life is coming up and last year it knacked my wrist/forearm, I was wondering if anyone had replaced the slave cylinder with the Oberon unit on an 899 and whether this had helped. I've also seen some chatter of air bleed into the system. I've not bled mine so I'm not sure if this is an issue or not. Any comments other than "more self pleasure with the left hand" would be greatfully received

Fitted an Oberon to mine as standard too heavy for aging hands:D has obviously made the pull slightly easier but so far as I know nothing further can be done to make it lighter, unlike my MS1000 which has been running only 4 clutch springs for years with no problems!

Pimpf 18-Mar-2017 08:49

Thanks Pete, appreciate the response.

The Hammer 20-Mar-2017 18:33

My 1199 liked a regular purge of air fron the clutch lever bleed nipple every 6 months or so, regardless of fluid changes. Often no fluid would come out, only air, and this really helped with erratic clutch 'feel'.

Pimpf 22-Mar-2017 14:36

I'll give that a bash before changing the slave cylinder. Thanks

The Hammer 23-Mar-2017 11:16

Be mindful that changing to an oberon slave cylinder or such like may lighten the lever action but at the expense of increased lever travel at the bar ;)

Pimpf 29-Mar-2017 18:09

Cheers, appreciate the advice.