Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Refurb carbon termi's (/showthread.php?t=1069)

chris-748s 23-Jun-2003 14:20

Refurb carbon termi\'s

I've just got hold of a second hand set of 45mm carbon termi's for my 2001 748s.

The carbon and termi labeling is a bit tatty and I would like to rebuild/re-sleeve them.
Does anyone know anyone that does this commercially or where I could obtain the parts from?

I could also do with a few suggestions of how to identify the appropriate chip for use with these, or if I even need to change it at all.

Rattler 23-Jun-2003 15:07

Don\'t know what you paid for them....

...but a refurb that includes new carbon will probably be pricey...

....stickers should be cheap though, just make sure you get the metal backed ones!

Tim

nelly 23-Jun-2003 15:52

You can buy new carbon sleeves from Ducati Performance, as well as stickers, packing, straps etc. Not cheap though.
The stickers are fairly easy to get. Try Spareshack.
Guido was looking at some quality exhaust packing, or you can use the more generally available stuff.
They are not hard to pull apart. Just drill the rivets and they come to pieces :)
Regarding the chip, I would suggest you forget about the Ducati eprom and buy one from JHP. Loads better.
The bike will need setting up though to get the best from the mods.

Dazza 26-Jun-2003 20:26

Oh no! not the stickers!
If I remember it was stickers, and the ability to get them, that started THAT thread no so long ago......you all know the one.....
Anyway, deffo go for foil backed, got some from CMW in Chchester, about £4.50 a pair for the DP ones.
For Chip I'd go for the FIM UltiMap one, it has separate mapping for each cylinder (coz one runs hotter than the other etc.):):D

SennaIII 29-Jun-2003 23:16

Termi re-packing

If you need packing material I have a quantity of Superwool 600 blanket. This is a ceramic-based industrial type material which is resistant to temperatures in excess of 2000 degrees F. It is the business, much better than the standard GRP packing.
I can supply you sufficient quantity to re-pack a pair of Termis for £15.

Old Yella 29-Jun-2003 23:47

Get in touch

SennaIII

Get in touch mate
You have no e-mail on your profile?

Jasper 29-Jun-2003 23:55

Old Yella,don't forget about me and Guy?