Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   1098 - when is the official launch? (/showthread.php?t=38344)

yeti 31-Oct-2006 17:38

1098 - when is the official launch?

I know the bike is due to be launched at the Milan show. This opens to Joe Public on the 16th, but is there a trade day before hand and will the bike be launched then?

Any times/dates for when it's likely to be up on the Ducati website?

Rod 31-Oct-2006 18:17

Unveiling date

Quote:

Originally Posted by yeti
I know the bike is due to be launched at the Milan show. This opens to Joe Public on the 16th, but is there a trade day before hand and will the bike be launched then?

Any times/dates for when it's likely to be up on the Ducati website?

Earliest you will see it in print (or at least on the net) will be the 14th November AFTER it is unveiled in Milan. Ducati will doubtless unveil it on their own website at that precise moment or at the very least soon after.If like me you have been lusting after even the faintest glimpse of it and scoured the net for any morsel of info or new spy shots, you will know that Ducati are playing the cloak and dagger approach very well indeed, with teasers thrown to the wolves at precise intervals. Some cynics say that even the spy shots are well orchestrated but carefully measured "slip ups". One thing you can bet on though. Once it is unveiled it will be all over the net like a rash within minutes!! Bring it on as I can't wait any longer.

keefer 31-Oct-2006 19:17

I am really looking forward to seeing it also
cant wait for the pics.
but it will be better in the flesh when we go to Milan

DC 31-Oct-2006 19:40

Yep,

Looking forward to seeing the bike when its all finished and unveiled. Im sure it will be a good one. Fingers crossed?

Not many bikes have me going to the dealers just to look at them when they come out but this and the MotoGP road bike may just do sway it for me.

DC

yeti 01-Nov-2006 16:52

Heard on the grapevine today the Messrs Hackett will probably be contesting one in British Super STOCK championship next year. Bring it on!

smilo006 03-Nov-2006 22:03

http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com...ad.php?t=47287

Loz 04-Nov-2006 07:40

Well spotted, smilo.
I like the idea that it is called "1098" to avoid confusion with the 1099 Tax form, not that it's an extension of the "998" numbering. Yeah, right.

VanDaMauler 04-Nov-2006 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loz
Well spotted, smilo.
I like the idea that it is called "1098" to avoid confusion with the 1099 Tax form, not that it's an extension of the "998" numbering. Yeah, right.

Ducati are quite happy to point out that its called the 1098 (Ten,nine,eight) to follow on the Family line from the 998 and distance itself from the 999.

Loz 04-Nov-2006 12:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanDaMauler
Ducati are quite happy to point out that its called the 1098 (Ten,nine,eight) to follow on the Family line from the 998 and distance itself from the 999.

I'm sure they're happy to continue the 998 numbering tradition. Not so sure they're as happy to admit that is an attempt to distance themselves from the 999, but whatever floats your boat.

I'm actually referring to the US dealer comments in the linked thread.

Van, this antipathy you have for the 999 borders on OCD. Were you once raped by a 999? Just curious.

:lol:

webteam 17-Nov-2006 23:22

Message from Ducati UK :

The first official UK show launch will be at the Excel show in London in February