Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   New member from Surbiton/Kingston (/showthread.php?t=232390)

Ian_944 26-Jul-2013 17:32

New member from Surbiton/Kingston

Hi everyone,

I've recently acquired my first Ducati.... a 1199 Panigale. I've been riding for 15+ years, but it's a big step up for me as the majority of my riding experience is around the 600cc bracket.

Bit of a dream come true to own a Ducati. I remember in my early 20's going out on breakfast runs and seeing the odd guy pull in on a 916 and thinking "wow, one day..."

I plan to do a couple of track days a year and of course some weekend riding as well. I've a long learning curve ahead of me :)

Keen to say hi to anyone in the Surbiton/Kingston area whose interested in heading out for the occasional run on a Sat or Sun morning and/or join me at the track sometime.

Ian

chris.p 26-Jul-2013 17:46

Welcome :D , as I live Ooop Norf., I will leave you in the hands of Ant and the suvners :lol:

Chris :burn:

antonye 26-Jul-2013 22:25

We have a trackday coming up at Brands in August if you're interested - see this link: http://www.ducatisportingclub.com/sh...d.php?t=202777

Ian_944 29-Jul-2013 18:44

Hi... super keen to get there, need to see if I can escape from work.

Is it necessary to pre-register or can I just arrive on the day?

Ian

Iconic944ss 29-Jul-2013 19:26

Welcome Ian, crackin forum name, I love it :D

Awesome choice of bike, i dare not even test ride a Panigale as i know kidneys would get sold off!

Have fun on the trackday....

You know your bike wants to do it.

Cheers, Frank

Ian_944 29-Jul-2013 20:48

Hi Frank,

Interesting story.... I've used 944 as part of my handle online for well over a decade now.... but not because of Ducati....

The first car I bought for myself was an old red Porsche 944.... which I loved dearly, but nevertheless caned at the Porsche club time trial events back in South Africa.

I sold the car years ago, but kept the handle.

Good times.

Ian

Iconic944ss 03-Aug-2013 12:00

Morning Ian,

Thanks for the reply - I did toy with a private plate (once only) to match the cc's of my Ducati and realised the ultra inflated cost were due to Porsche :lol:

Glad to have just installed your super-shiney DSC logo!

Well done on joining the clan.

antonye 06-Aug-2013 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_944
Hi... super keen to get there, need to see if I can escape from work.

Is it necessary to pre-register or can I just arrive on the day?

Ian

You would be better off booking up to guarantee a slot if you want to ride.
The problem is that you would need to attend the briefing for all riders, go through sign-on, etc.

If you just want to come and have a look and say hello then feel free to turn up when you want as it's free to get in!