Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Ducati UK to host the World’s Largest Gathering of Desmosedici’s at Donington Park (/showthread.php?t=79216)

Iconic944ss 23-Apr-2009 22:13

Ducati UK to host the World’s Largest Gathering of Desmosedici’s at Donington Park

Ducati UK to host the World’s Largest Gathering of Desmosedici’s at Donington Park

Donington Park will reverberate to the sound of Desmosedici RR’s as the Derbyshire circuit hosts the World’s first Desmosedici only track day on Tuesday 30th June.
This most exclusive of all track days is open solely to Desmosedici RR owners and track places will be limited to 75 to ensure plenty of track time and space during the day. The riders will be able to ride the full Moto GP circuit (not usually available for track days) and be able to enjoy the full impact of their race exhausts as their will not be a noise limit on the day.

Although track places will be limited to 75, the day will be open to all Desmosedici owners whether they wish to ride on track or not. Ducati UK hope to see the largest gathering ever seen of Desmosedici’s and their owners. A parade lap of all ‘Desmos’ will take place to provide one of the greatest ever spectacles seen and heard at Donington Park.

As well as riding the full MotoGP circuit at one of the great race tracks of the world, guests will have plenty to do and see off the track. There will be guest appearances from test rider Vittoriano Guareschi and designer Alan Jenkins, members of the Ducati Corse team and Ducati riders past and present. There will be a Ducati charity auction for Riders for Health, technical seminars, a Donington ‘behind the scenes’ tours as well as technical support from Ducati Corse and Bridgestone.

Costs for the day are:
  • Track place including track use and hospitality including breakfast rolls on arrival, coffee, tea, soft drinks and a hot lunch - £450 including VAT. (€484)
  • Guests or Desmosedici RR owners not wishing to ride on track but who can enjoy the rest of the facilities of the day - £100 including VAT. (€108) (maximum of 2 guests/non-track riders per booking)
  • Notes:
    To secure places at the Desmosedici Day, owners should send a cheque payable to Ducati UK Ltd with a completed Booking form
  • Click Here for Booking Form addressed to:
    "Desmosedici Day" Ducati UK Limited, Avebury House, 201-249 Avebury Boulevard, Milton Keynes MK9 1AU
    Details along with the cheque should include name, address, email and the Desmosedici bike number (found on the headstock). Alternatively a bank transfer can be made by sending an email titled "Desmosedici Day" to info@ducatiuk.com for the relevant details.
The key features of the Desmosedici Track Day:
  • Full use of the track with NO NOISE LIMITS on Tuesday 30 June for Desmosedici Owners ONLY.
  • Vittoriano Guareschi, who worked on the development of this exclusive bike and who continues to be the Factory Moto GP team’s top test rider will be in attendance.
  • Hospitality in one of the exclusive Goddard suites including breakfast rolls on arrival, and a hot lunch as well as a prime view of the track.
  • On track marshalling and guidance courtesy of Superbike School Limited – the team behind the renowned California Superbike School and instructors from the factory based Ducati Riding Experience (DRE).
  • Technical seminars from some of the team who developed the bike.
  • A behind the scenes tour of Donington Park race circuit, including race control plus an insight into future development plans for the circuit.
  • A track-side Professional photographer to capture the moment.
  • Tyre service from Bridgestone tyres UK.
  • Technical and suspension tuning support from Ducati UK dealers.
  • Possible on-track pillion rides available with professional riders.
  • Riders for Health Ducati charity auction
  • Ducati clothing on sale.

ak47 24-Apr-2009 08:15

hmm 450 quid for a trackday and a bread roll.... you'd have thought that the desmo owners had paid enough already.

couchcommando 24-Apr-2009 09:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak47
hmm 450 quid for a trackday and a bread roll.... you'd have thought that the desmo owners had paid enough already.

That's the view of 3 owners I've spoke too about it. I guess Ducati assume as they have the money why not take a bit more from them !

gordonparker 24-Apr-2009 10:21

Will Donnington still be operating by then ????

Last weekend;
Formula Palmer Audi - Blast in the Park cancelled
Fri 10th Apr 09 - 14:56

We regret to advise that the Formula Palmer Audi - Blast in the Park scheduled at Donington over the weekend of Saturday 18th and Saturday 19th April has been cancelled due to a dispute over regulatory issues. We are confident that these issues will be resolved in time for our busy race season this year

Yesterday Wheatcroft issued legal stuff as they owe him £2 million in rent and apparently they also owe the contractors

Ray 24-Apr-2009 11:50

Maybe someone is hoping the Sedici riders will chip in for the rent.

I don't think the track license issue is a problem for track days as they are not santioned by the RACMSA, ACU etc. Trackdays are run at venues where no officially sanctioned motorsport takes place.

It could be an issue for the insurance companies who cover the trackdays though, they might have something to say if a track licence is only issued with certain conditions due to "safety" concerns.

Interestingly the various sanctioning bodies, RACMSA, FIA, ACU etc all seen to have a different opinion on the "safety" of the Track up near macleans/Coppice.

Ray

Col996s 24-Apr-2009 12:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by ak47

My thoughts exactly. If I had paid for a Desmosedici I would expect a free day on Ducati.

twpd 24-Apr-2009 13:03

There's a fair amount of moaning about this on DuN. Someone nicely summed it up.."we're paying for Ducati's publicity" (I'm paraphrasing here).

It doesn't matter to me though...I'm riff-raff with an old air-cooled piece of tat :)

Ray 24-Apr-2009 13:43

The Boys from Bologna have seen what their mates down the road at Modena do on their Clienti programme.:lol:

This is chicken feed for some, looks like it could be a decent day out.

Some will pay a lot more to see a bunch of millionaires kick a bladder of air about, occasionally roll around on the floor, gob all over where they have just been rolling about, etc for 90 mins, then burst into tears if they have lost:confused:

If anyone has a sedici they wanna lend me for the day and bung me grand spending money I'll give it a go:D

Ray.

couchcommando 24-Apr-2009 13:55

It's £100 to watch LMAO

Who would pay to watch a load of sedici's being wobbled round Donington ? !

twpd 24-Apr-2009 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by couchcommando
It's £100 to watch LMAO

Who would pay to watch a load of sedici's being wobbled round Donington ? !

You've almost quoted me there!

Quote:

Originally Posted by twpd
As a loyal but not stupid follower of the brand I find it laughable that they think people are stupid enough to pay £100 to watch a trackday with a bunch of mostly no-hopers wobbling around the track at substantially slow speeds.