Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Belting Bike (/showthread.php?t=36)

Monty 12-May-2003 17:30

Belting Bike

Just a post to start off the Forum. The Multistrada is a belting bike, if you haven't ridden one-DO IT. But be prepared to want one NOW!;)

John

monstermark 13-May-2003 00:05

It got a great write-up in Bike magazine, as did the (shh...BMW R1100S and Rockster...) Still aesthetically challenged though!

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by monstermark]

Monty 13-May-2003 23:22

Matter of opinion Mark me old mate, matter of opinion. I didn't like the looks at first but it is growing on me, bit like the 999 really-didn't like that at first either.;)

John

pguenet 14-May-2003 11:04

I have been a Ducati fanatic for a long time and when I first saw / heard of the Multistrada, I shouted sacrilege and thought what a ugly bike. How could Ducati come up with such a Design and why setting away from race-bread machines?

Well since then I have grown up! Race bread machines are great and don't get me wrong there is no way I will sell my 996. If anything I would want an 888 and a 999 in addition! But as for running around, touring, etc they are unpracticle... the ST is an alternative but slightly too big in town and to be honest quite dull looking although great to ride, unpracticle to work on (bloody fairing) and my ST2 was really unreliable.

So the Multistrada seems like the right alternative to me. And boy the design has now grown on me so much. The grey & black looks so lovely. At first I did not think this bike had anything to offer, but I was wrong, Ducati has found the right niche I believe, at least for me!

Now I just need to ride one to get convinced. I have just bought a 600cc Bandit for everyday riding. This bike was cheap to buy and is cheap to run, starts every time and does the job, and I don't have to keep it pristine because I don't care about it. But it is just so dull to ride that I don't think I will keep going for long on it. Once the financials get better I will be looking at a Multistrada definitely!

Cheers
p

Monty 14-May-2003 23:41

Best you don't ride one untill the finances allow then mate-you WILL want one, I know I do.:devil:

John