Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   Dainese Ducati Leathers Troy Bayliss (/showthread.php?t=80459)

WeeJohnyB 26-Aug-2009 16:19

Dainese Ducati Leathers Troy Bayliss

Thinking of selling my Dainese Ducati classic one-piece red/white/green leathers. These were signed by the legend that is Troy Bayliss when I attended the pre WSB event at Brands Hatch a few years ago, courtesy of my £20 DSC membership. (Ben Bostrom was his running mate it's that long ago). Excellent condition.

I will throw in the Dainese back protector and extremely scuffed Dainese knee sliders at no extra cost!

Will end up on ebay if no interest here.

Offers? What do you think they are worth?

WeeJohnyB

antonye 26-Aug-2009 16:34

Pics? Size? Vented/Non-Vented? You're missing the important details!

If they're the ones I'm thinking of (same as mine) then they'll be worth about £300 second hand in decent condition.

WeeJohnyB 27-Aug-2009 11:05

Don't have a pic, non-vented, size shortarse (50). I looked at them last night and they need a few flies removed and the leather around the zip is a little worn where it rubs on the tank, but good apart from that. They look like new from the back!

Will get a pic and put them on eBay

WeeJohnyB

Chaz 27-Aug-2009 11:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Don't have a pic, non-vented, size shortarse (50). I looked at them last night and they need a few flies removed and the leather around the zip is a little worn where it rubs on the tank, but good apart from that. They look like new from the back!

Will get a pic and put them on eBay

WeeJohnyB

Why not just get someone to let them out so they fit again:lol: :lol:

WeeJohnyB 27-Aug-2009 11:42

Were you watching me trying to get into them last night? I think they have shrunk in the wardrobe, there was a lot of sweating and breathing-in being done, no way I'd get a back protector in as well. Is there anyone smaller than me out there?

WeeJohnyB

Chaz 27-Aug-2009 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
Were you watching me trying to get into them last night? I think they have shrunk in the wardrobe, there was a lot of sweating and breathing-in being done, no way I'd get a back protector in as well. Is there anyone smaller than me out there?

WeeJohnyB

It must be the leather drying out or something as mine shrink every winter:rolleye:

Ray 27-Aug-2009 13:23

The winter storage conditions can have a major impact on leathers.

Store them in any house over winter where there is:-

A nice comfy sofa
A fridge full of beer
A TV
A full biscuit tin

and they will shrink............its Guaranteed.

:lol:

Ray.

WeeJohnyB 27-Aug-2009 14:37

Ray, tis true ndeed, some things never change, however, in your avatar, you could almost be accused of leaning off the bike!!!!!! Now that's new;-)

WeeJohnyB