Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   1198 / 1098 / 848 (/forumdisplay.php?f=177)
-   -   thoughts please (/showthread.php?t=85747)

jase 04-Mar-2012 20:22

thoughts please

ive done a search but not found anything similar so be gentle if its common:D ok ive only had the bike since january so havent rode it much but filled it last week pretty much to the brim then rode it this week when its been nice round town mainly, just as im getting used to it, anyway the fuel light came on and it only had 54 mile on the trip,by the time i refueled it had 64miles i filled up and got 12 liters in, it seems low to me coming from il4's but what do you guys think. it has termi full system and race ecu.(not sure about air filter)

any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Brad3AB 04-Mar-2012 20:25

someone syphoned ur tank lol??

well thats what i think!!

bradders 04-Mar-2012 20:28

848 with spirited riding, I'd have the light on by around 80 miles, and with pottering or m'way cruising over 100.

1098 believe a little juicier, but not that much

Dementor 04-Mar-2012 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by bradders
848 with spirited riding, I'd have the light on by around 80 miles, and with pottering or m'way cruising over 100.

1098 believe a little juicier, but not that much

Ditti, but what is this "pottering" of which you speak? :lol:

skidlids 04-Mar-2012 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dementor
Ditti, but what is this "pottering" of which you speak? :lol:

Something to do with old folks and sheds, so it will soon be time for you to learn about it Roy :devil:

12 litres so about 2.6 gallons for 64 miles = 24 mpg, bet its running cold and the injection is firing in extra fuel for a rich mixture to deal with low air temp and probably low water temp

Reminds me I may be taping up some of my oil cooler at Brands next weekend

Rod 05-Mar-2012 09:54

80 miles to a tank is the norm and has proved pretty constant in the four years I have owned my 1098S, irrespective of the type of riding you do, give or take +/- 5 miles or so, so yours seems unusually thirsty. How long is it since you changed your air filter BTW? Also might be worth having your fuelling checked. Are you on the stock ECU or a DP or aftermarket one? Just a few things to consider.

jase 05-Mar-2012 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
12 litres so about 2.6 gallons for 64 miles = 24 mpg, bet its running cold and the injection is firing in extra fuel for a rich mixture to deal with low air temp and probably low water temp

Reminds me I may be taping up some of my oil cooler at Brands next weekend

to be honest some of my searches on this have mentioned cold running and that the bike doesnt come off the choke so to speak, which makes me think thats why i stink of fuel when i get off the bike. i havent seen the engine temp get higher than 58c.

rod: im yet to check the air filter as i couldnt tell you if its been done or not the bike has 4500 miles. and a race ecu, again i dont know the make as ive not long owned it. thanks for the comments fella's

Jolley 05-Mar-2012 13:43

I think there is something wrong. Range is about the worst I have heard of, and you definitely shouldn't come off "stinking of fuel". Get it checked at dealer, or run on a dyno for £50.

jase 05-Mar-2012 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolley
I think there is something wrong. Range is about the worst I have heard of, and you definitely shouldn't come off "stinking of fuel". Get it checked at dealer, or run on a dyno for £50.

thanks ill look into it :D

abe1098 06-Mar-2012 13:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by jase
to be honest some of my searches on this have mentioned cold running and that the bike doesnt come off the choke so to speak, which makes me think thats why i stink of fuel when i get off the bike. i havent seen the engine temp get higher than 58c.

rod: im yet to check the air filter as i couldnt tell you if its been done or not the bike has 4500 miles. and a race ecu, again i dont know the make as ive not long owned it. thanks for the comments fella's

Ive got the filter, termi's and ecu on mine mate. It has low milage aswell and at this time of year the temp doesn't get much above 64c unless I'm sat still. On average I get about 110/20 miles to a tank if I'm taking it easy. Yours should definately not be drinking that much, I would get it cheacked asap:(