Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Afternoon all from Bedfordshire! (/showthread.php?t=283803)

DaveJ 18-Feb-2014 14:54

Afternoon all from Bedfordshire!

Hello,
My name's Dave and I'm from Linslade in Bedfordshire, I found this forum after reading an old RIDE magazine, it featured a 916 guide and this forum was recommended (Jan 2002!).
I currently have an SV650 which is a track bike only so I've had an introduction of sorts to V twin bikes! As I mentioned I have started reading through some old BIKE and RIDE magazines and came across the 916 article, I also found a 748R article in BIKE, both have made a big impression and basically I WANT ONE!!! Well going by 916 prices it looks like a 748 would be more likely but either way I'm in awe of these bikes and am seriously thinking of selling any organs I could do without to fund one :)
So basically I'm a newbie who's fallen in love with these bikes, this forum must have a few of those!
I've had a quick look around and the forum looks great, looking forward to nagging you guys for advice and asking lots of dumb questions!

Cheers,
Dave

Bionicle 18-Feb-2014 15:20

Welcome to the forum Dave, no question is a dumb question

DaveJ 18-Feb-2014 19:36

Thanks Bionicle :)

skidlids 18-Feb-2014 22:44

I know where your coming from Dave, my first twin was a TL1000S, had one for the road and one for racing, then I tried a 916, next thing I knew I had a 916 for the road and another for the track.
The addiction has grown almost out of control since then but at least I haven't sold any organs although it has made a nasty mess of the bank account

DaveJ 19-Feb-2014 21:27

Cheers Skidlids, I'm starting to realise that bikes are money pits! Since I've started doing track days there's always a bit of bling you think will make you faster!!

skidlids 19-Feb-2014 22:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveJ
Cheers Skidlids, I'm starting to realise that bikes are money pits! Since I've started doing track days there's always a bit of bling you think will make you faster!!

Often its a Cheap Class B Desmo Due race bike that makes you faster

banger san 20-Feb-2014 12:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Often its a Cheap Class B Desmo Due race bike that makes you faster

Defo, there's nothing like a bit of friendly competion to give you the hurry up. ;)