Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Alarms and Related Security (/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Datatool system 3 up in smoke (/showthread.php?t=197697)

Ray 15-Apr-2013 20:06

Datatool system 3 up in smoke

Not run the 998 for a while and went to start it at the weekend and as soon as I put the ignition on the alarm fizzed did a decent impression of a smoke generator.:(

Looks like it needs a new PCB.

Anyone got any spares lying around?

Ray

nelly 16-Apr-2013 09:02

Before you go for a new PCB Ray, get the wiring checked. There shouldn't be enough feed to the alarm to smoke it. There could be a feed from one of the immobalised circuits....fuel pump for instance??
Or get it cut out and bin it ;)

Ray 16-Apr-2013 20:03

Thanks for the advice Nelly, I was all too ready to blame alarm for the meltdown, it was playing up already with the siren losing a lot of volume.

I'll check out wiring before I connect up a replacement pcb.

I did consider removing it completely but a new PCB looked to be an easier option.

Ray

nelly 16-Apr-2013 21:59

Unless you really need it Ray, I'd cut it out and make good. I've done 2 or 3 already this season and it's doesn't seem to be as big a thing with insurers nowadays.
Best protection is a tacking unit tbh. It's the future ;)

chris.p 19-Aug-2013 21:36

Nelly cut mine out last year, best thing I had done, and no increase in my insurence premiums!!!!!!:D

Chris:burn:

Spen 29-Nov-2013 13:14

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1310529892...84.m1555.l2649

Ray 06-Jan-2014 16:36

I've got what looks like to be a similar circuit board, just not got round to trying it properly yet.

Just not got the time or the inclination for two wheels in the depths of winter...................not sure I will have in the summer either, :eek: :D

The lad is more interested in four wheels than two so I'm in no great rush to fix the thing.

Ray