Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Multistrada: Enduro / Pikes Peak / V4 / V2 / 1260 / 1200 / 1100 / 1000 (/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Multi donor as a race bike??? (/showthread.php?t=84821)

bradders 10-Sep-2011 00:07

Multi donor as a race bike???

forgive me, bit bored and drinking alone (n ever a good idea!) anyway I'm selling my 1000ds at the mo, and thinking of what next. Also probably going to sell my DD class B bike, to fund a class A.

Anyway, what if I didn't. What if I sold the B bike, and used the multi as a donor for a race bike? Thinking keep frame, engine & ignition, swingarm, rear wheel and maybe exhaust (open race cans anyway, no cat) and sell the rest off...

would it make a decent starter? Assume its just but later forks, matching front wheel and make some bodywork to fit? What do you reckon???

Cranker V2 10-Sep-2011 00:16

Worth as punt. You a decent rider :) bradders

bradders 10-Sep-2011 00:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cranker V2
Worth as punt. You a decent rider :) bradders

erm...no not really...mid pack at best

would be interesting tho. 90-95 hp, wedges of torq, not sure how light it could be, but just starting from scratch. Kind of things you mechy boys do all the time ;)

skidlids 10-Sep-2011 16:48

Multi Frame looks like the wrong option to me, better off with a Monster or Supersport frame. Then its what class to run in. Even with the 90 - 95 bhp you could find yourself up against someone like Mark Lister on Chaz's 79bhp 800 Monster foing Sub 1m 40s at Cadwell. Even with better tyres you will still need to brake harder at some corners you arrive at as you'll be travelling a lot faster than you were on a Class B bike and will need to scrub off speed, So suspension and chassis setup will be more critical.
A 800 Minitwin with 72bhp could prove a better option

bradders 10-Sep-2011 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Multi Frame looks like the wrong option to me, better off with a Monster or Supersport frame. Then its what class to run in. Even with the 90 - 95 bhp you could find yourself up against someone like Mark Lister on Chaz's 79bhp 800 Monster foing Sub 1m 40s at Cadwell. Even with better tyres you will still need to brake harder at some corners you arrive at as you'll be travelling a lot faster than you were on a Class B bike and will need to scrub off speed, So suspension and chassis setup will be more critical.
A 800 Minitwin with 72bhp could prove a better option

Yeah I think Chas mentioned a class with bemsee which would be suitable but market slim. Be like monty's old bike, but much less so ;)

If I wasn't racing them probably be a good track bike

And any fastwr bike will mean I will habe to improve the scrubbing apeed bit, one of the considerations I had in my bihg bike v DD laptimes thread: could I adapt.

Chattinh with phil today.n ythink I probably could. I turn late and harf, ythen carry speed thru and we came to the conclusion that would probably suit a higher poweresd machine.

Multi has a couple of days to go yet...