Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   carbon goodness? (/showthread.php?t=80977)

hawkati 27-Oct-2009 15:47

carbon goodness?

i know 996's have been out of production for years, but does any manufacturer still do carbon fibre fairings, seats, mudguards etc.

there's part aplenty on ebay, but it would be good to get a matched set, rather than bits with mismatched weaves etc.

anyone out there know, er, um, anything? cheers, j

pguenet 27-Oct-2009 20:52

I would think that QB Carbon do the whole lot if you wanted.

Some will object that they are not the top notch of MS Production or Carbon Dream but the stuff I got from them was nice enough. I am not too fussed about the Weave or the joints mind you and it is true that they could have done a better job at matching the weave around the key recess of my carbon tank.

That said, they are UK based and more than helpful in supporting you. I had a leaky tank (from another brand) and they did offer to try and fix it. Having somebody on the phone that can assist is much more than can be said than ebay deals sometimes...

Their prices are pretty competitive too.

powerwheelie 27-Oct-2009 22:46

Check Ilmberger Carbon in Germany. They´re distributor for MS Production.

Also Bursi Evolution in Italy covers the whole CM Composit range.

smilo006 27-Oct-2009 22:54

red racing italy, casoli still going, sandbar composites (another stockist for MS).........

gordonparker 28-Oct-2009 10:18

Try Steve Collins at C Tech- High Wycombe, HRC approved -pre preg and vac formed not wet lay up plus superb quality phone # 01494 525282

hawkati 28-Oct-2009 11:55

massive thanks for your answers....it's all a bit of a dilemma - keep 996, cos i've um, er, bonded with it really well and i'm very tempted to never sell it, ever.
If i did i'd probably fool about with it, hence carbon body (it's an expensive way of making it black, but i'd spend hundreds on paint anyway)lowering gearing, be nice to it re. servicing etc...

on the other hand.....a 998 is more than a bit tempting!