Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Alarms and Related Security (/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   HELP! Datatool System 3 got wet, won't stop (/showthread.php?t=552)

phillc 02-Jun-2003 08:32

HELP! Datatool System 3 got wet, won\'t stop

Out riding on Sunday I got and the bike got soaked.

Yesterday evening the alarm just kept going off. Every time I'd reset it, within 5 minutes it would go off again.

After taking the seat off I could see that the alarm unit was pretty wet. I tried to dry it off as best as I could, but to no avail.

In the end I put the alarm in service mode, stuffed a heap of rags around the siren unit to kill the sound and had a very restless night.

Anyone else had this problem? Will it just fix itself as the alarm unit drys out natually? Or are the electrics screwed now?

Any ideas and help appreciated.

Phill

phillc 02-Jun-2003 10:23

This may be worse than I think.....

After riding to work today, when I turned the ignition off first the Neutral light (and I was parked in 1st) and the oil light wouldn't go out.

After fiddling with the ignition a bit, turning it on and off etc, I got it to the point where the Neutral and oil light would flash periodically, even though the ignition was off.

It's starting to sound like my wiring is really screwed.

Dibble 15-Mar-2004 17:53

Phill, call Nelly at Cornerspeed, he's an authorised Datatool bod, he'll be able to help ... and while yer at it ask him if he's sorted my airtubes out .. lol

01623 758877

NBs996 15-Mar-2004 20:08

Aren't Datatool's supposed to be waterproof?

Triple Nine 15-Mar-2004 20:56

Loads of WD40 sprayed everywhere is a must, will drive the water out from almost anything.

nelly 15-Mar-2004 21:15

Phill, it might be that one of the connectors has got a soaking and not the alarm??
With the ignition off and lights still being on, it could be a short in the switch itself or the connector from it in the loom.
The alarm would go off as it will be detecting a current drain.
Pull every connector you can get your hands on and spray with WD40 as a starter and see if it's cured. Also spray WD into the ignition lock itself. This will displace any water in the switch.
Call me if you're still struggling.