Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Idle Chat (/forumdisplay.php?f=102)
-   -   DSC Memebership Renewal (/showthread.php?t=84527)

Gbyte666 03-Jul-2011 00:57

DSC Memebership Renewal

Some things happen slowly in the DSC and some things are quick. I recived a reminder about a week and a half ago that my membership was due to expire and that a renewal form would follow. Indeed it followed and I recived it a week later on the day that the DSC removed my roundal and full posting privileges. What the .;;,/

You might want to remind me a full month before in the future.

Craig

antonye 03-Jul-2011 01:53

Sorry Craig, the roundel thing is automated - we put in your expiry date and if it's not renewed before then it goes off. Saves us having to hunt around turning off the membership for people that don't renew.

I know that Martin, or membership secretary, has just had another nipper so things are probably a bit chaotic there right now!

If you want to renew online it takes 2 minutes and your roundel will come back within the day.

Gbyte666 03-Jul-2011 03:18

the roundel thing is automated

Is the renewal online also roundel automated ?

Craig

antonye 03-Jul-2011 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbyte666
Is the renewal online also roundel automated ?

No, as it's with PayPal - but we do get a notification to say that you've paid/renewed so we can go in and update the database and reset your expiry date to get your roundel back. It's the expiry that is automated so we don't have to do twice the work!

And membership is optional! ;)

bradders 03-Jul-2011 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by antonye
And membership is optional! ;)

nice recruitment strategy

maybe you could set it it have a few weeks grace? As the delay is due to something outside the members control, it would be a fair compromise

Gbyte666 04-Jul-2011 13:07

You sent a payment of 25.00 GBP to Ducati Sporting Club UK (paypal@ducatisportingclub.com)

4/7/11

Craig

antonye 04-Jul-2011 13:26

...and your roundel is back already! :D

antonye 04-Jul-2011 13:32

...and just to follow-up, I will speak to Martin regarding the timing of sending out renewal forms to ensure that they arrive in plenty of time.

We are trying to strike a balance between the form arriving too early and getting forgotten about, and the form arriving too late and it not being turned around quick enough to ensure continued service on the site.

We also send the courtesy email, so hopefully will cover all angles with a bit of fine-tuning!

Any more comments / suggestions are more than welcome - either post them here or send to me (chairman@ducatisportingclub.com) or to Martin (membership@ducatisportingclub.com).

ells 04-Jul-2011 14:54

I did get the email nice and quick, but by the time I got to read the letter my renewal date had passed. I did not really read the email maybe if it said in big bold letters pay on line here then I could have saved me and the DSC the price of a stamp.

Mark

antonye 04-Jul-2011 16:26

Thanks for the feedback Mark, I think we will add a link to the online payment page so that people can do a few clicks and renew straight from the email.

All good feedback, so keep it coming!