Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   999 / 749 (/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Clutch pressure plate fitting (/showthread.php?t=24554)

749er 29-Nov-2005 13:19

Clutch pressure plate fitting

ok, got it all stripped down but how do I remove the centre piece form the existing plate? Tap it out with a screw driver/ hammer .

many thanks

Derek

Rushjob 29-Nov-2005 13:27

Yep... use a suitable drift & drive it out.
Don't use a screwdriver, you'll mark it with the blade.

749er 29-Nov-2005 16:44

Quote:

Originally posted by Rushjob
Yep... use a suitable drift & drive it out.
Don't use a screwdriver, you'll mark it with the blade.

From the point of view of how the plate is fitted to the bike, do I tap it from the outside in, ie so that the long rod does not go through the hole in the centre of the plate.

cheers

Twinfan 29-Nov-2005 17:21

Yep, knock it out the shortest and easiest route ;)

duc daz 01-Dec-2005 21:47

ask pedro 749r he did mine for me .hes a dab hand :sing:

749er 04-Dec-2005 22:40

Back again, with everything fitted, however the bolts are not fully tightened and this worries me a little as they were in snug before. Is this ok? A bit worried they will work loose.

I have them in far enough to allow the springs to accomodate the clutch movement.

nelly 04-Dec-2005 22:43

If they aren't screwed down fully and nipped up then something isn't right!! Don't use it.
Check that the pressure plate is engaged with the clutch drum correctly??

KeefyB 05-Dec-2005 07:37

Quote:

Originally posted by nelly
If they aren't screwed down fully and nipped up then something isn't right!! Don't use it.
Check that the pressure plate is engaged with the clutch drum correctly??
Yep,have a look at the posts on the clutch drum.(where the bolts screw in)One of them will have a line through it.
Now have a look at your pressure plate,there should be an arrow or dot punch mark on it.Line the two up and the plate should fit fine.See pic from Haynes manual.
Dont worry if the plate has no alignment marks,just make sure it is flush against the clutch plates.

Oh yeah,is the clutch rod lifter correctly seated in the pressure plate bearing?

749er 05-Dec-2005 14:27

thanks guys I will check that tonight

749er 07-Dec-2005 21:49

Quote:

Oh yeah,is the clutch rod lifter correctly seated in the pressure plate bearing?

OK everything is now fitted correctly and nipped up tight, except the mechanism squeeks as the plate moves in and out. Probably wont hear it when its running, but should anything be greased up a little. Difficult to tell whats causing it.

Cheers

DM