Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   998 / 996 / 916 / 748 (/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   996 rear sprocket bush holder has shifted... (/showthread.php?t=366982)

hawkati 01-Nov-2014 12:17

996 rear sprocket bush holder has shifted...

Hello - it's been ages i know, but i'm back - and with a dodgy sprocket!
One of the circular sprocket bolt/bush combinations has shifted out, working its way into the hub and effectively shredding it. There's metal shavings all over the place.
A session of extreme cleaning later, and an element of hammering had placed it back into position.
Except it did it again last night. out again, up against the hub and shrapnel everywhere.
How is this usually fixed in place? Interference fit or something i cannot see without stripping the sprocket from the hub?
Any clues? Cheers loads, jamess

skidlids 01-Nov-2014 17:19

Interference fit James, and can do a lot of damage if they come loose, especially on the earlier models where a large Circlip is used.
Some bearing loctite may hold it in position

hawkati 03-Nov-2014 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidlids
Interference fit James, and can do a lot of damage if they come loose, especially on the earlier models where a large Circlip is used.
Some bearing loctite may hold it in position

Cheers for that - i'll have a fixing frenzy since it really has done its best to marmalise everything - swarf & chain lube make very effective grinding paste. All cleansed squeaky clean now & i'll have a go at it this coming weekend. Brilliant timing since the van's fuel pump has eaten itself and the vfr alternator is on the way out so for a short while the duc was press ganged into a 50 mile a day commute. Meh to the power of fack.