Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   851 corsa heads, and brakes. (/showthread.php?t=9554)

Redsps 14-Aug-2004 22:49

851 corsa heads, and brakes.

just about to embark on a small project on the bike.
Have picked up some genuine corsa 851 heads complete ready to fit.
Question being this. will 851 corsa heads fit straight onto a 91 851 DS barells etc, without any further mods.
Or will I need to get heaps of other bits aswell

Also which of brembo racing calipers are the best option on the 851.

cheers
red...

Jasper 15-Aug-2004 12:22

I know they are not racing calipers,but i've fitted the latest 4-pad calipers to the SP5 with no problems.

TP 15-Aug-2004 14:53

Jasper, that is a VERY nice bike. I've liked ever since I saw it at Nelly's.

I've always like the 888SP5 - it was the current superbike when I fell in love with Ducati's.

Fancy ride on my 996 for a ride on the SP5? :D

Jasper 15-Aug-2004 15:08

Thanks tp.Not a problem with having a go,the problem is the 300m differerence in location.Maybe next years track attack?

TP 15-Aug-2004 15:23

True, good point. Are you not going to be at TA3 at Rocky?

What about No Limits at Silverstone on Mon 27th (still places).

Felix 15-Aug-2004 18:55

If you're using the bike primarly on the road, I wouldn't go with race calipers. They don't have dust seals, and have much shorter service intervals, like every few hundred miles. If you're using it on the track, go for the Brembo GP calipers which are still have way reasonable money.

Jasper's option is a good one as it give you more brakes than you're likely going to need. Just use good discs and pads and a radial master cylinder.

Nattyboy 16-Aug-2004 00:51

Ive got the brembo racing jobbers which look top....billet with titanium pistons ..yum yum..

That said they probably offer no more of a performance advantage over Jaspers 4 pads so this is the better value for money option..reason I went for these as they were std fitment on the 888 Rcaing of my bikes era (and the supermono).

I know where there are some proper corsa brembo cast iron discs if you need them..not the run of the mill gold ones like ive got but the proper factory style hard anodised/greeney efforts...

Cheers
Nat