Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   DesmoDue Parts For Sale & Wanted (/forumdisplay.php?f=213)
-   -   Wanted 600ss Tank (/showthread.php?t=199982)

Bimjob 21-Apr-2013 22:46

Wanted 600ss Tank

Has anyone got a 600ss tank or any tank that will fit my 600ss?

Tom Roberts 22-Apr-2013 09:07

600ss Tank

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bimjob
Has anyone got a 600ss tank or any tank that will fit my 600ss?

I have a tank, red, no internals very slight gravel rash, £50 plus p+p.

Regards

Tom

Bimjob 23-Apr-2013 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roberts
I have a tank, red, no internals very slight gravel rash, £50 plus p+p.

Regards

Tom

Cheers Tom, how much for the p+p and where are you?

Tom Roberts 24-Apr-2013 07:47

SS Tank

Quote:

Cheers Tom, how much for the p+p and where are you?

I'm in Ruthin, North Wales about an hour away from Oulton Park.

I have a job that takes me all over the country, where are you ?

Postage could be expensive .....

Tom

Bimjob 24-Apr-2013 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Roberts
I'm in Ruthin, North Wales about an hour away from Oulton Park.

I have a job that takes me all over the country, where are you ?

Postage could be expensive .....

Tom

Cheers Tom, I'm in Lincoln but on reflection I need a tank with all the internals as I need it to be a spare ready to fit post crash trackside

Ghost 24-Apr-2013 10:49

Quote:

Cheers Tom, I'm in Lincoln but on reflection I need a tank with all the internals as I need it to be a spare ready to fit post crash trackside

Rubbish, you can swap the pump over in less than 15 minutes or just use an external pump and filter, which is what I used on my 583 and still do on the 620.

Bimjob 24-Apr-2013 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost
Rubbish, you can swap the pump over in less than 15 minutes or just use an external pump and filter, which is what I used on my 583 and still do on the 620.

As I found last saturday, I wont always have 15mins available. In an ideal world I could do with a complete tank ready to fit. In an ideal world I could do with not crashing!. Out of interest Phil, do you need some sort of sealant to fit the wiring connector to the base of the tank?

I heard that some people have had problems with external pumps but I take it youve had no bother?

Ghost 24-Apr-2013 22:52

Quote:

As I found last saturday, I wont always have 15mins available. In an ideal world I could do with a complete tank ready to fit. In an ideal world I could do with not crashing!. Out of interest Phil, do you need some sort of sealant to fit the wiring connector to the base of the tank?

I heard that some people have had problems with external pumps but I take it youve had no bother?

No probs Jim the 620 uses a generic vehicle high pressure pump. I did have some probs early on with my 583 with a sealant in the alum tank coming delaminated and causing blockages. But always ran with external pump and external filter.

The wiring to the pump is sealed into the tank with a tube nut and a distorting rubber gland.

Also a benefit of an external pump is you can have a lot less fuel in the tank. A standard SS requires 3 litres before it picks up any fuel. So you are looking at 5 litres plus race distance.

With external you can get this down to 2 litres plus race distance. :o

coppersaucepipe 24-Apr-2013 23:38

Why does the SS need a pump at all? What's wrong with gravity?

Ghost 25-Apr-2013 08:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by coppersaucepipe
Why does the SS need a pump at all? What's wrong with gravity?

The internal pipe work does not cater for a gravity feed, it may work with a modified tank. Also you would need a fair amount of fuel to provide a head pressure, which isn't condusive to a race bike.