Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   851 / 888 (/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   Just been stripping the clothes......... (/showthread.php?t=22892)

Rob B 14-Oct-2005 18:35

Sorry about the hi jack but as you all looking at this post:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MEWA:IT

here goes for the scramble

Nattyboy 14-Oct-2005 18:45

Quote:

Originally posted by logyk
The idea of a dozen or so 888s on the track at the same time is very appealing .....I am definitely up for it .

I should like to try the bike out for the first time somewhere safe and private .....if only to be able to give it a proper systems check and to get used to the race gearchange ....anyone got any bright ideas for a venue ??????

Btw...John Hackett (from whose establishment I purchased the bike )wants to come along for the first trackday to help set the bike up ....John does love the 888 series and is in the process of restoring his own racebike.

Lets do it guys !:bouncy::roll::bouncy:

Id suggest Mallory Phil..central, not very technical and cheap.

If we get a good response we could probably make up 50% of a group which would having too many hondasuzyakis gimping around..id even be happy going in novices for this very reason..

This sounds like it could take off mate !!
Nat

Rob B 14-Oct-2005 19:02

When are we talking about, approx?

simon748 16-Oct-2005 15:57

track day

would love to do track day wiyh other 888s I've only taken mine on 1 track day.

philthy 16-Oct-2005 17:36

How many would it take to have a Ducati only track day?

851neil 16-Oct-2005 20:24

I'd definitely be up for Donington, Mallory, Croft or Cadwell - afraid that Brands is a little too far for me.

Neil

851neil 16-Oct-2005 20:25

oh and of course can't exclude Rockingham !
cheers

Neil

sparkin 16-Oct-2005 20:52

Quote:

Originally posted by Monty
Phil, that is just beautiful-but-you should be ashamed of yourself for putting it alongside that horrible rough wall-where's the carpet protection??

On another note I have asked for a brands date late May early June-it would be fantastic to get a nice collection of 888's out together.

John

That could fall rather close to WDW2006 John:(

DucatiRoss 19-Oct-2005 12:34

Would definately by interested in coming to an 888/851 Track meet. Please spread the word - it would be amazing to see all the old girls in their natural habitat.

I'm sure the SP2 would love a good thrash round any of these circuits, but a midlands one would suit me, or Castle Coombe/Pembrey.

VERY gorgeous bike Logyk - I bet you can't wait to ride it. What's her history - she looks like she's never seen a bit of tarmac ?

Matthew

DucatiRoss 19-Oct-2005 12:36

Further thought - after watching the 1990 WSB video, what do you guys think of us re-creating the era by inviting some boys/girls with ZXR750 / RC30 / OWO1 Yams along too ?