Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Race (/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Toseland doesn't make Superpole at Valencia (/showthread.php?t=16733)

Henners 23-Apr-2005 17:57

Toseland doesn\'t make Superpole at Valencia

Originally posted on Crash.net

Topping the time sheets for the third round in a row is Championship leader Troy Corser on the Alstare Corona Suzuki he was the only rider to dip into the 1min 35secs.

His team-mate Yukio Kagayama who is usually hot on his heels came home in eighth spot.

The Winston Ten Kate Hondas were on the move this morning with Karl Muggeridge qualifying second and team mate Chris Vermeulen in fifth.

Young German rider Max Neukirchner on the Klaffi Honda who achieved a podium in Philip Island qualified third just ahead of British rider Chris Walker on his PSG-1 Kawasaki.

Frankie Chili even though he is riding with and injured shoulder and knee sustained at Philip Island he still managed a top ten position and qualified ninth.

Endurance rider David Checa came home in eleventh fresh from his win at the Le Man 24 hour endurance race last weekend.

Ben Bostrom on the Renegade Honda qualified in thirteenth which allows him into Superpole for the first time this season. The Petronas riders had mixed fortunes with Steve Martin in sixteenth place and Garry McCoy in eighteenth.

Unfortunately for World Champion James Toseland on the Xerox Ducati, he has failed to qualify for Superpole. Shocked Toseland qualified in twenty third position and with only the top sixteen riders going forward to Superpole he will not be taking part.

James has had concerns with the front forks and latest reports trackside from Valencia suggest he is not confident in the front end of the bike at the moment. In contrast Toseland's team mate Regis Laconi is in seventh position.

tetol 23-Apr-2005 18:22

watched some of superpole earlier wondered where toseland was he might be job hunting soon

JPM 23-Apr-2005 18:28

P1 to P45 in less than a year me thinks

dave w 23-Apr-2005 19:16

Quote:

Originally posted by JPM
P1 to P45 in less than a year me thinks

:lol::lol::lol: Laugh my socks off :lol::lol::lol:

Twinfan 23-Apr-2005 19:32

23rd on the grid for tomorrow. Even if you're having problems with the forks, that's a shocking position. Full factory Ducati 999 and your team mate is 3rd on the grid. Not good enough.

keefer 23-Apr-2005 21:11

I know were supposed to all get behind toesland and all that,
but I really don't think he has the quality to do the business this year.
The Ducatis are up against it any way this year. and I don't see him as a race winner more of a consistency man and at the mo he's not even doing that. ?
come on son sort it out

JPM 23-Apr-2005 21:45

I know he's not a Ducati rider, but we should have a big up for the stalker, top brit... by a long way

adam 23-Apr-2005 22:12

always enjoy watching Walker what ever bike he is on. Now that would be great to see him on the Ducati Corse.

bradders 23-Apr-2005 22:17

careful....Dibble might not have seen it yet!

:lol::lol::lol:

TP 24-Apr-2005 18:14

Toseland didn't get a lap in on a qualifier prior to superpole because of a technical problem which meant he had to change the front wheel. When he went back out he just missed the clock to put a decent lap in to get himself into superpole.

You have to feel sorry for him, I wonder what sort of state he is in mentally. The world champ is definitely having a testing year.