Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Assen Track Day (/showthread.php?t=25686)

Paul James 07-Jan-2006 16:22

Assen Track Day

I've just been advised that the Track Day on the Friday of the Assen DD round could have some spaces made available for DSC club members.

As it is unlikely that sufficient space will be made available to us by the Dutch club running the event to allow all DD entrants to use the track day it will not be open to DD riders.

Further details will be released as soon as they are available.

butch890 07-Jan-2006 16:27

Paul,correct me if im wrong but was there not talk of splitting some of the trackday places into single sessions and shareing them out to the dd'ers?
Butch

Paul James 07-Jan-2006 16:38

Quote:

Originally posted by butch890
Paul,correct me if im wrong but was there not talk of splitting some of the trackday places into single sessions and shareing them out to the dd'ers?
Butch

It may be possible but to avoid a bun fight at this early stage over who would get to use the spaces if not enough were offered to accommodate all the competitors, it was felt best to make sure people realised that some DD'ers wouldn't be able to get an unfair advantage over others. Let's hope that some way of fairly incorporating some DD track time can be organised between now and the event.

Ian 07-Jan-2006 16:48

just to add on this as it might have an influence on interest for this, - from my recollection of conversations with the Dutch guys they did say that the trackday would be road legal pipes only, and it would be enforced.

Dementor 07-Jan-2006 16:57

Quote:

Originally posted by Ian
just to add on this as it might have an influence on interest for this, - from my recollection of conversations with the Dutch guys they did say that the trackday would be road legal pipes only, and it would be enforced.

That's you out with the Staintunes then Ian:D

Ian 07-Jan-2006 16:59

I know :sniff: must be getting old but a few times this last year i have thought them too loud!

nathanhu 07-Jan-2006 17:19

ive done a few track days at Assen and all with open pipes
if you buy a set of DB killers just incase, you wont go wrong
even my 999 with a 57mm system is still under the Assen 88Db limit ;)

AK 07-Jan-2006 17:43

Quote:

Originally posted by Ian
I know :sniff: must be getting old but a few times this last year i have thought them too loud!

didnt you keep the std set tho Ian?

C:)

Dementor 07-Jan-2006 20:21

Quote:

Originally posted by Dementor
Quote:

Originally posted by Ian

That's you out with the Staintunes then Ian:D

You must be Ian, they're luuuverly, just wear your earplugs:devil:

Nattyboy 07-Jan-2006 21:24

That sounds good !!

Nat