Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   Trackdays & Race Schools (/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   Absolute novice - most suitable trackday? (/showthread.php?t=22154)

yeti 23-Sep-2005 16:41

Absolute novice - most suitable trackday?

Someone I know has just bought herself a Monster and is very keen to go on a trackday to improve her riding skills.

My own view is that a "traditional" trackday would be too much, even in novices, but seem to recall RIDE magazine used to run what they called "track based training". Anything like this still happen?

Cheers :sing:

dickieducati 23-Sep-2005 16:44

can she not get on the dsc one in october?

Clippy 23-Sep-2005 16:55

No Limits usually run a couple of 'Novice Only' days through the year atSnetterton as the circuit is pretty easy to learn, has lefts and rights and is therefore a reasonable starting point for track riding.

The groups are slow novice, medium novice and fast novice - based on your assesment of your speed as a road rider - and the aim is that there are no would-be racers or nutters out there to put off the new track riders.

Might be worth a look?
Cheers

Giles

yeti 23-Sep-2005 16:58

Quote:

Originally posted by dickieducati
can she not get on the dsc one in october?

Sadly no, just too difficult.

yeti 23-Sep-2005 16:58

Quote:

Originally posted by Clippy
No Limits usually run a couple of 'Novice Only' days Might be worth a look?
Cheers

Giles

Will give Mark a call and ask.

WeeJohnyB 23-Sep-2005 17:09

The trackday company that you were with on Wednesday do novice only days where everyone must be on their first ever trackday. Three groups graded and assessed all day with very high number of instructors.

It's not about the particular company or track, it's about how the day is run - heavy policing, loads of instructors, friendly a and safe.

WeeJohnyB

yeti 23-Sep-2005 17:11

Quote:

Originally posted by WeeJohnyB
The trackday company that you were with on Wednesday do novice only days where everyone must be on their first ever trackday. Three groups graded and assessed all day with very high number of instructors.

It's not about the particular company or track, it's about how the day is run - heavy policing, loads of instructors, friendly a and safe.

WeeJohnyB

You beat me too it WJB, just penning a U2U. Any idea when this company might be running it's next novice only day? Imagine I'm too late for 2005?

itexuk 23-Sep-2005 17:35

Which company as I would be interested as not done a track day yet

GsxrAge 23-Sep-2005 21:09

we on swb are organising a novice trackday at llandow but it's not till next june. It's a cheap track day.

andyb 23-Sep-2005 22:21

Mate, can i ask what riding skills would she be looking to improve?

I would like to add that there is a gulf of difference between track riding and on the road.