Ducati Sporting Club UK

Ducati Sporting Club UK (/msgboard.php)
-   New User Introductions (/forumdisplay.php?f=186)
-   -   Newbie in Saudi! (/showthread.php?t=78573)

bigchunk 20-Feb-2009 05:35

Newbie in Saudi!

Hello everyone! Been a member of DUN for almost 3 years now, been to a few rideouts including WDW 2007 which was outstanding!! and decided, after viewing for about a week now, that you all seem to be a nice bunch and its time to get the beers in!
I live in Hamilton in Scotland but i work in Saudi Arabia (here just now :( )
Only 2 more weeks and i will be home and hopefully be able to get the 999s out for a blast!
So what are you all having?

Col996s 20-Feb-2009 09:03

Welcome bigchunk.
Mines a Guinness.

gordonparker 20-Feb-2009 10:39

Hi welcome aboard, did we sit together having lunch and watching Assen practice on the Sanjovasee tour at WDW ? Red 999 if I remember with some trick mirrors and indicators

WeeJohnyB 20-Feb-2009 10:48

Golly, new people....calls for a small Bollinger

A very warm welcome to you

WeeJohnyB

Steve GD 20-Feb-2009 11:01

Welcome, bigchunk. Coffee for me , please! Pix of the bike would be nice when you have time.

wavydavy 20-Feb-2009 18:30

I'll try a pint of best thankyou very much and welcome aboard. Worked out in Saudi a few years ago myself interesting home brew I seem to remember along with a not so interesting hang over.

Dave

Jools 20-Feb-2009 18:44

I'll have a bottle of Laphroaig with the top off ta...

Welcome, welcome

Trudi Riders Rep 20-Feb-2009 19:02

Welcome Bigchunk mines a coffee please xx

bigchunk 22-Feb-2009 07:39

Thanks for the welcome guys, and Gordon we did sit together for lunch, think you also gave me a DSC t shirt if i remember correctly!
Mike, the other guy at our table that day has been in touch with me too and it looks like we may be doing a wee tour of France together in June!
Dave, you are SO right about the 'SID' as its called, so much so that i don't even drink it anymore, just could not handle feeling that bad the next day! lol