Thread: sick 996s
View Single Post
Old 08-Jun-2004, 22:14
Mille

Mood: The medication helps!
The thing is guys this seems to be the norm with the 4 valve Ducatis! If it's not the crank or bearings going it's the rockers! Dont forget the electrical problems that were on the early 916's oh and still seems to be still there on the later bikes.

I'm sorry to be negative but there not fit for the purpose IMO. How can you make a race rep that won't take a track day?

I see DJ has got a paint problem on his frame, i had the same problem and mine was less than two years old and it had never seen rain!

I suspect i will get shot down in flames by likes of, i own one so they must be the best, type people but when are we going to wake up and smell the coffee?

When i part exchanged mine the amount of dealers who openly said they did not want the duc because they have had them in part ex before and had nothing but trouble with them!

I'm not saying there all substandard and IMO the 916 shape is one of the best looking bikes ever but they have their problems which me and you pay for!

Why are rockers and cranks still failing, next time there is a factory trip someone should ask this question.

Mark