View Single Post
Old 09-Jun-2012, 00:07
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
You must have had one Andy, as you were on the floor when I came around Rocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C
Can i just say that i didn't have one front end tuck or rear slide all weekend! i found the standing water, where Matt crashed on lap 1 and rolled off at that point every lap thereafter. Matt didn't know about it untill the bike went sideways, unfortunatly to late and he was on the grass by then. Matt and myself have disscussed this at length a number of times this week and have both come to the conclusion that it would have taken race control to make the call, cause we'd both gone out there and raced! Those around me know that i've requested the use of wets be allowed for racing a number of times over the years, but i really don't have a problem running on the tyres that are currently used. Matt would not have crashed if we'd been on wets and yes the wet lap times would drop. There was lots of grip at Anglesey, more so than Oulton last year, where you could hardly lean the bike as it was tucking left, right and centre. I would leave the call to race control to make to be honest. If your unsure, don't go out. It's not excactly MotoGP, just enjoy it for what it is.