View Single Post
Old 04-May-2005, 23:18
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
Interesting comments you've got about the Racetec's there Hogfish.

I've just finished off a set of 208GP's and thought they were brilliant for track work, they build plenty of heat quickly and lasted longer than I'd expected. And they were 'adequate' on the roads in the wet, and while not so grippy on a wet track they did give heaps of warning as to when they were thinking of letting go.

Before the GP's, I had 207RR's and wasn't nearly as impressed with them. I guess they were a good all-round tyre but they didn't suit the way I use tyres... my road riding is, 99% of the time, slow sensible and within the law, so I can't really give an opinion on that which maybe you're looking for. It's the track stuff that I evaluate rubber for and this let them down for me, they just seemed to be on the edge of adhesion all the time, and until I turned into a race god last weekend (yeah ok, give me a break, I'm still on a high!) I wasn't a very quick rider so shouldn't have been causing them the grief they seemed to be complaining about.

I thought your comments on the Racetec's were interesting because I've just procured myself a set for a price too good to refuse, so I've got to get them fitted and try them. I'd be happy to hear word from anyone else who's used Racetec's too.