View Single Post
Old 11-Nov-2009, 21:19
Regional Organiser - BHCN
Ducati Corse

Mood: Raring to Ride
Mmmm I wonder having crossed to the darkside

Iv'e just posted this on the Fireblade site but I felt that some of you may be interested in just how the other half live, after riding a Ducati for most of my time I was struck by the dark side but I wonder just if I was still riding an 04 Duc ???
After a 150 mile ride out I stopped the bike to raise the garage door,i then heared the under seat relay chattering loadly. indicating a flat battery I quickly recharge it and the bike fired up OK /// Ckecking the volts across the battery it read only 12.4 max so I though some thing was up and took the bike down to the local Honda dealer in Luton. Sure enough and as I suspected the generator was naff. My bike is an 04 with only 9000 miles on the clock,i brought it just a year ago with 3400 miles. I managed to contact Honda UK via there Specific problem number and imformed that the warrenty on the generator had been increased by five years and that it should still be in date. I have just today been informed to drop by and pick up the blade all done and dusted. Im imprest with Honda UK and how quickly this has been dealt with 10/10 I now have the latest and better designed model than of passed and I hope this gives you some degree of faith in the system . Regards 4D