View Single Post
Old 06-Aug-2005, 15:49
Mille

Cornerspeed worth it?

...Oh, yes.
Rode to Kirkby-In-Ashby from London on Monday to drop my pride and joy off with Nelly for her 12000 mile service.
Got a bus to Nottingham, then a train back to London, underground, then bus it from the tube station home.
Fast forward to Friday; overland train to Liverpool St. station but it's shut because of an 'incident'. Taxi to St.Pancras, then BR to Nottingham, cab to Kirkby-In-Ashby.
Before long some of the DSC'ers turn up for a chat and a coffee, and it's great to be able to put some faces to names! The bike is perfect after Nelly's service and even the trip down the M1 feels brilliant!
Neil is a true craftsman - loves his work and treats your bike like it was his own, and knows Dukes inside out.
People are sometimes surprised that I travel so far to get work done on my 996, and if I had a jap bike I would probably leave it in the care of my local dealer. But it's not a jap bike. It's a Ducati and it's special, and nobody but Nelly is touching my bike even if it means taxis, trains and sore feet.
Worth it? you know it makes sense..