View Single Post
Old 29-Dec-2009, 22:30
500SD
Bikes: MTS12S, R1, off road stuff, and vintage stuff too.

Mood: MTS1200 - yum yum yum yum yum yum yum ...
That Burt Ratan link is excellent.

It strikes me that many of these reports are government funded research, and the only way to continue receiving funding is to give an answer that the sponsors want to hear. There is therefore a good reason to tell them what they want to hear.

Now add to that all the possibilities to either tax us for not doing as dictated (e.g. car tax on co2 output, despite them drinking more gas and so paying more tax anyway), or all the latest and greatest products to either monitor or reduce the various bad items.

Its clear to see the scale of all this. Fair play to all those that manage to make money from this, but I'm sorry, I agree with what mr Ratan says: most reports seem to either take data out of context, or select a subset of the available data.

What really winds me up is all this carbon-neutral / sustainable b0110cks.
How can it make sense to transport stuff hundreds or even thousands of miles just because its sustainable.

And the best one yet, how can it make sense to apply a landfill tax, such that people now fly-tip 100 yards from the actual rubish tip.
The whole world is f_cked up not by what we actually do, but by how the various governments try to manipulate what we do.
Iom of course