View Single Post
Old 30-Dec-2009, 21:31
DSC Club Member
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: '01 Ducati 748R and '04 Mille RSVR

Mood: Awaiting the arrival of the sun and the disappearance of the rain
There's a fair few things that can be done to combat fossil fule polloution, the problem I've seen in my daily job, no one wants it on their back doorstep (NIMBYISM)......the problem with that is that there's only so many places renewable projects in the UK can go and the NIMBY's instantly block them.

The other problem is that the national picture is far different from the local picture. I'm really tiring of having national renewables targets rammed down our throats by government spinners, to then have local authorities throw decisions out, not based on plausible arguments but based purely on the fact that the councillors are scared sh**less that if they are seen to back a project they'll be voted out at the next local election...............I've lost count of the number of projects I've been invovled in where that's happened, and yet 2012 is still muted day in day out.

People don't seem to see why Vestas walked out of the UK when there is such a huge market for wind energy. It was because of the red tape in local governement blocking projects...............

Until each and everyone grasps the (perceived) nettle not a lot will happen.

www.copeimages.com

WeeJohnyB, Best instructor out there http://www.nolimitstrackdays.com/